World Finals canceled at Bonneville

Started by sirstude, September 22, 2014, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Just got this off of Salt Cat Racing's face book page. sure has been a WET year.

Speed Week at World Finals Update:

From your SCTA advance crew at 7:30 PM Sunday it's raining now. Speed Week at World Finals at the world famous Bonneville Salt Flats has been cancelled. The advance crew consisting of SCTA President Scott Andrews and Race Director Bill Lattin have reviewed the BSF race courses and determined that they are too wet to have any reasonable expectation of them being dry enough to provide a quality race course. We owe our competitors and fans the most accurate assessment and a real picture of the current and expected conditions. The SCTA wishes to thank all of our loyal racers, sponsors, volunteers, and wonderful fans for your undying support of the SCTA and the Bonneville Salt Flats. The entire SCTA and BNI Boards have worked tirelessly to give you the best Land Speed Racing experience and anything less than that is not acceptable to us. We look forward to being your racing choice next year, but for this year at Bonneville Mother Nature hold's the records. See you on the salt in 2015!
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

I know a lot of people are disappointed, but we have no control over the weather.  Now everyone has more time to, do and redo, make changes, save money,  and plan for next year.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Beck

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I'm saving my money for 2015.

My wife is spending mine..

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I'm saving my money for 2015.

My wife is spending mine..

I'm spending hers....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!