Here's my latest ride

Started by Dusty, September 05, 2004, 06:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Here's the '27 Roadster I've been working on. I'm trying a new picture editing program, hope this works.

Benny Rhoads
Orange, TX
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

GPster

In design I like symitry of line. You did a great job of spacing those tires in those fenders. Looks very nice. GPster

phat46

Quote from: "Dusty"Here's the '27 Roadster I've been working on. I'm trying a new picture editing program, hope this works.

Benny Rhoads
Orange, TX

Looks fast just standing still!!!

47wood

Cool ride ...a lot of hard work that turned out sweeeet.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.    :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Jimc

Quote from: "Dusty"Here's the '27 Roadster I've been working on. I'm trying a new picture editing program, hope this works.

Benny Rhoads
Orange, TX
Jim likes!
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Great Job! Looks like it's got a bit of a nasty attitude!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

30tudor

Nice looking car there.  Looks to be a little extra distance between the firewall and the radiator.  What are some of the specifics on that little jewel?  Wheelbase, body, frame, engine, trans?

Dusty

Quote from: "30tudor"Nice looking car there.  Looks to be a little extra distance between the firewall and the radiator.  What are some of the specifics on that little jewel?  Wheelbase, body, frame, engine, trans?

Tudor.....The body is a Harwood body, and the distance between the firewall and the '32 shell is 34"  Most hoods on this style Roadster are only 29 to 31".  The frame is a 2x4 tube Z'd front and rear, Engine is a 350 Chevy with a Modified 350 Trans with a 3500 Stall.  Rear is a 9" Ford with 390 Posi.  Axle was 6" drop but two oil pans suffered Life threatening penetrations, so I changed it out for a 3" axle.  The ride height image didn't change much, but the pan got 3" more road clearance.  It runs very straight under hard acceleration.  I "Found" the car sitting in a barn in Smithville Tex, last year, where it had been sitting for about 5 years.  Covered with about an inch of dust, and the Rats and mud daubers, had taken over.  I bought it without the engine or trans, and pulled the front axle out of it as soon as I got it home.  The car is an old build.  It was built in 1988, in Fla, and has been all over the U.S.  It was in the L.A. Roadster show in 1991, and Bob Bond did the graphics on while it was there....I hope this helps...

Benny
Orange, Texas
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

30tudor

Thanks.  Nice little history with the car.  I've always liked that style, kinda pro-mod I guess.  Looks like more fun than enough especially under a heavy right foot.  Built for QUICK trips to the store.