LA pics

Started by kb426, June 20, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Just in case you haven't been overloaded with Roadster show pics.
http://georgemcdowell.com/show/14/lars/larsp1.html
TEAM SMART

Harry

Lots of nice cars there.
Thank you.

bucketmouth

There can never be an over load of pix especially for those that can't make the event.
If any one else has some please post them

Cheers
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

You can tell I like engines. :) For those of you that like cycles, the pic of the Ariel square four has special meaning. The owner who was sitting on it, had it running. It had 4 little straight pipes on it. When he shut it off, I walked up and said " thank you. I've never got to hear one of these run before. " He shook my had and told me the story. His dad purchased a basket case 8 years ago. The father passed away and he completed it. The day before he couldn't get it to run yet and discovered there was a setting in the carbs that were wrong. He fired it up right before it went to the show. He seemed to enjoy visiting with someone who knew what it was. The restoration was great. Everyone I had seen prior was in a museum or a basket. One less thing on the list of first times. :) I'm adding a few more pics.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Can't see too many pictures of cool stuff!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rrumbler

I haven't seen an Ariel of any sort, let alone a "Square Barrel" in years.  I learned to ride a bike on an Ariel 500 single, and passed on the chance to purchase a Square Four in '62 because I was going to be rotating from shore duty to sea duty, and would have to find someplace to store it.  One of those "sure wish I'd done that" moments.  They have an unusual sound that once heard and known, will always be remembered if you're a gearhead biker-rodder.  In the early nineties, I was coming out of a bank in Lake Forest, CA (El Toro for those of us who were there before it became a hoity-toity place) and heard a strange sounding engine winding out from a stop.  It took a second or two for me to realize what it was, and another few to get a range on it, but sure enough, there was a silver Ariel Square Four singing down El Toro Road right in front of my eyes.  That was a treat.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.