Eye Candy for GPster

Started by rooster, April 09, 2014, 11:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I think it's a bit over-done. Those '60s Jeepsters have a different following than the '48 to '51 Willys models. Of course neither group would care to admit that one should be "butchered" like mine has been. When I first got out of the hospital after my wreck in '93 I was still a member of NSRA and the fact that mine came with a '48 title was a deciding factor and because I was still using crutches when I looked at it I may have missed some (all?) of it's flaws. I'd hate to admit to another not completed project and what would I be called if I let it go? GPster

rooster

I never seen a old one Joe!

GPster

That one is kind of nice. Nice to see what the chopped windshield and lack of vent windows looks like. Got a realization given to me the other day. May 9th was the 21st anniversary of my wreck. That means that mid October of this year I will have been the owner of my Jeepster for 21 years. I guess it will always be mine although I occasionally have visions of a "FLING". Last weekend while traveling back from the festivities that Linda officiated in we were driving through Mount Vernon, Ohio and right on the main road there was a '49/'50 Plymouth/Dodge Business coupe with what appeared to be a "For Sale" sign in the side window. Because I wasn't driving I didn't mention it to anyone in the car. This week I keep finding my mine wandering to ways that an automatic transmission could be put behind one of those old flathead sixes. Trying to keep my thoughts in check I haven't asked here and when I visit this site the GPster reality comes back into mind. How nicely they can be done and how much they cost keep all sorts of realities in mind. Oh well! GPster

GPster

I'm on the WEB site of a Jeepster restoring copampny in Florida. He recently sold a '48 Jeepster that he restored at a Mecom auction for $48,000.00 and he is now offering another of his restorations for $44.900.00. This one only has 50 miles on it and is one that was stored away after it was built. In his opinion this one is a more desirable vehicle than the one that Mecom sold for him. They're all out of my league. GPster

river1

Quote from: "GPster"I'm on the WEB site of a Jeepster restoring copampny in Florida. He recently sold a '48 Jeepster that he restored at a Mecom auction for $48,000.00 and he is now offering another of his restorations for $44.900.00. This one only has 50 miles on it and is one that was stored away after it was built. In his opinion this one is a more desirable vehicle than the one that Mecom sold for him. They're all out of my league. GPster

Might be outta your price level, but nothing is out of your league Joe

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "rooster"Another one, looks nice! Pricy!!!

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/4416147722.html

Spare has never been on the ground?  Really?  Would/could you trust it?  Nice otherwise.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil