Fuel Pressure

Started by 50 F1, January 28, 2014, 06:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

What is the fuel pressure on a stock over the counter fuel pump that would be bought for a 1968 327.

Thanks Mike

chimp koose

416Ford

Quote from: "chimp koose"my guess 4-6 lbs

That is probably the recommended. The one for my Ford was pumping around 9 (stock, block mounted) so I needed a regulator.

The question may need to be reworded to what is the max pressure I should be pushing into my (insert manufacturer here) carburetor.

I am not that knowledgeable in this area just had a lot of problems with it myself last year.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

50 F1

Edelbrock carbs. They say 6lbs max.  I don't have a regulator on the set up now. Should I try it first or should I plumb in a regulator?

Thank Mike

50 F1

This is for a dual carb set up.  

Will the pressure from the pump to each carb be less or the same when feeding two carbs versus one?

Thanks Mike

enjenjo

Quote from: "50 F1"This is for a dual carb set up.  

Will the pressure from the pump to each carb be less or the same when feeding two carbs versus one?

Thanks Mike

Pressure will be the same, volume will be less.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Quote from: "50 F1"Should I try it first or should I plumb in a regulator?

Thank Mike

Someone with more knowledge may know better, but I would suggest putting it in now so you know. You will probably be doing a lot of fine tuning on the cards so the more you info you have the better.
Just my .02.
Dave
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

rumrumm

Edelbrock carbs don't generally like pressure over 5 lbs so I would recommend plumbing in a regulator.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

50 F1

I bought a regulator today

Thanks Mike