Problem with door "poppers"

Started by BFS57, January 01, 2014, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Darn the luck, just returned from Christmas to find the hatchback on my 32 Victoria having a problem I can't seem to get around.
The car has celinoids in the doors and hatchback. The doors work fine but the hatchback seems "stuck". Tried gently prying, that didn't work, tried pushing from inside (while clicking the remote) That didn't work. I can here it clicking but does not want to release.
Anyone have any helpfull hints to guide me along on this frustrating problem??

Bruce

34ford

I would try pushing on it from the outside. Sometimes my door does that. Seems to bind up and it will not pull the latch release because there is to much pressure on the jaws. Did the cable or wire come off of the latch or the actuator ??

bob

BFS57

Quote from: 34fordI would try pushing on it from the outside. Sometimes my door does that. Seems to bind up and it will not pull the latch release because there is to much pressure on the jaws. Did the cable or wire come off of the latch or the actuator ??

Hello;
Yes, I finally struggled and strugglede and finally got the darn thing open! Good for me!
Everythinh got lubed uo and seems to be working just fine>
Thanks for the response.

Bruce

enjenjo

Sometimes the springs on door poppers are too strong, you have to adjust the latch too tingt to keep the door closed properly. I hace replaced the springs with shorter, weaker springs from the hardware store, and made them work much better.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.