Merry Christmas to Big Oil

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, December 23, 2013, 10:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

Merry Christmas to the big oil companies gas went up 18 cents today.

wayne petty

fox tv news out here in los angeles is running a 3 minute news story on IAF F16 crews learning on advanced training equipment on how to attack irans nuclear sites.. thats enough to drive the price of oil up..

its not so much merry christmas oil companies.. its the futures traders who are going to make out like bandits by manipulating the market reactions to phony news releases.  like guys who get up and pronounce that the current price of oil will double in six months. so everybody goes long on it.. but that guy and his friends go short..

review the movies

for pete's sake  with barbara streisand  and trading places with eddy murphy  for the plot lines..

Harry

It's not the Wall St. guys or the politicians that change the price of oil. It's the oil companies. Canada is the second largest supplier of oil to USA. All the oil up here is owned by USA companies. They spent the money on exploration and made some great deals with our government. They can charge what they want.

river1

All the stations near me have held steady for the last few weeks to a month or so. :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

I think the oil market is being affected by the turmoil in South Sudan. China gets a lot of it's oil from South Sudan and if that oil production gets impacted by a civil war it can cause the world spot market to be disrupted a bit and would cause prices to rise as China spreads it's money around to buy replacement oil.

phat46

Funny how whatever it is that drives gas prices up usually coincides with a major driving Holliday.... :roll:

Charlie Chops 1940

And by some mysterious aligning of various planets and their moons it "always" goes up 28 cents in western Michigan.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Not sure about the world crisis driving the price of oil......It goes up 20 cents one day,down 15 cents a couple of days later and then back up 10 cents perhaps 3 or 4 days later......Not sure much changed in the world in that short time other than the oil companies getting more greedy!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

40 Chev Coupe

What world crisis on Christmas, up another 5 cents on Christmas Day. Just another big oil rip off.

jaybee

The oil market is largely controlled by speculators these days...it goes up and down mostly based on what large, institutional traders do independent of supply and demand.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

40 Chev Coupe

What market is open on Christmas?

jaybee

True that, it went up that same 18 cents here a few days ago.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

parklane

Quote from: "Harry"It's not the Wall St. guys or the politicians that change the price of oil. It's the oil companies. Canada is the second largest supplier of oil to USA. All the oil up here is owned by USA companies. They spent the money on exploration and made some great deals with our government. They can charge what they want.

Well, if its our oil, and we're refining it, how come we pay more per liter/quart/gallon than our US friends?? Typical political BS up here.

And while I'm ranting, I'll talk about the NAFTA agreement that says the price for cars/trucks are supposed to be the same in USA & Canada, but in fact are several thousand dollars cheaper in USA. Found out that if a US dealer sells a new vehicle to a Canadian, that the manufacturer will cut them off.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

tomslik

Quote from: "parklane"
Quote from: "Harry"It's not the Wall St. guys or the politicians that change the price of oil. It's the oil companies. Canada is the second largest supplier of oil to USA. All the oil up here is owned by USA companies. They spent the money on exploration and made some great deals with our government. They can charge what they want.

Well, if its our oil, and we're refining it, how come we pay more per liter/quart/gallon than our US friends?? Typical political BS up here.

how much are your taxes on every gal of gas?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

Quote from: "parklane"

And while I'm ranting, I'll talk about the NAFTA agreement that says the price for cars/trucks are supposed to be the same in USA & Canada, but in fact are several thousand dollars cheaper in USA. Found out that if a US dealer sells a new vehicle to a Canadian, that the manufacturer will cut them off.

John,  I'll be the middle man for you, give me the money and I'll buy  a car over here for you. You just have to leave it in my garage for, say, 30 days so we don't raise any suspicions. Then you drive over the bridge and pick it up. I won't drive it too much I promise...;-) p.s. I think you need a new Ram truck don't you?