Slow RRT download?

Started by Mac, December 02, 2013, 05:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Is anybody else having slow connection on this site? Mine's been slow since last week sometime.
Who\'s yer Data?

58 Yeoman

It seems to be worse today.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

It was running at the speed of sludge yesterday ..... It seems better now ....... 8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat rat

Ok now but was slow as molasses in Jan
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

BFS57

Hello;
I noticed that too! Mine was fas until recently when it's slow now! What's up with that?
I used to be able to "bing-bang", now I'm waiting for that little circle to spin around for a while! Don't know if someone is "making adjustments" or if the RRT server has developed a mind of it's own!?

Bruce

Rrumbler

I usually just lay stuff like this off to my system, but since others are having it, too, yeah, it has been slow of late; not usually that way.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

trackster

Been slow here for several days.  Thought it might be my system.   Guess not!   Maybe the server ate too much turkey!
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

enjenjo

I'll have fatcat look into it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Today it got me , too. The first time this morning was good. 2 minutes later was slow.
TEAM SMART

unklian

Slow this morning, works fine now.

Using Firefox on XP.

40 Chev Coupe

Slow for me too, also wouldntlet me sign in

Mac

Who\'s yer Data?

wayne petty

last time the site got REAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY slow...

one of the little pictures that show up under the forum members name went to a dead link .. it hung the entire load up while it was awaiting for that link to load...

so... if you guys are experiencing a SLOW load...

please.. NOTE which thread you are looooaaaaddddddiiiiinnnngggg

and paste that link here or perhap PM fat cat so he can examine the parts that load..

on my older macs a message would pop up that this is a slow script sometimes..  other times i just watched what parts were loading. and where it hung at..

be sure that you click this link...  then bookmark it..  it will dump all the flash ads that load around the edges and out of site at the bottom of the pages..

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

click the delete all sites button top right.. and then confirm it..

you won't believe how much better/faster your mac or PC works..

if you watch you tube movies and other flash player movies..

you will also want to go to this page..

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

move the slider almost all the way to the right.. but NOT all the way..  one notch short of all the way..

this will allow the video to load into ram.. then play non stop..

depending on your download speed this can be a life saver.

you can click on a video.. then click pause.. while the load bar which is lighter than the play bar travels across to the right.. when the load bar gets to the right side and stops.. you can click play and it will play from memory.. not as a live download..  so in most cases it plays non stop..

i have found issues with the newest safari for macs.. that it just does not play flash player stuff well.. so firefox is a good resort..

its hard to imagine. that i have been online for 21 years..  sometime in 1992 as i recall.. perhaps it was 93.. i was so excited when i got my first 14.4 modem..  28.8... 33.6...  then i got a 56K..   now i am at 15Mbps but late at night.. i can get up to 23Mbps