Questions about selling my car

Started by BFS57, November 10, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Well, I am considering selling my 32 Vicky. I don't drive it much as I would like too so I'm thinking it's time to pass it down the line.
I have been entertaining a thought of putting it in an auction but I have seen people take far less than expected because of no reserve auctions. I'm needing to know what the prep process would be? Also what other "places" to list my car for sale where I might get a buyer that's really a buyer? I'm aware of "scammers" and won't let the car out of my possession until I have real money in hand!
I had an appraisal done right after I purchased it which came in at about 42K So I am thinking around 39K.
Anyone that has been through this process would be of help with any kind of info from car condition to looking out for(s). I do know that some here are very knowledgable about this process and any help, pointers, and information will really help me at this point.

Bruce

Harry

Have you looked at what comparable '32 Fords are selling for?
Appraised value is about one quarter to one third higher than real value.
You could try the HAMB classifieds to start, just to get a feel of the demand for your car. That will cover a larger area.
Buyers are few and far apart these days. Good luck with it.

Carnut

I know there a lot of differing opinions about Ebay. but I have several friends who have bought and sold cars there and were quite satisfied with it.

My nephew Troy Pate has bought and sold several cars there and almost makes a comfortable living at it and he's enjoyed some really cool rides from there doing it.

My only problem selling cars is that my idea of the value of my cars seems to be way more than any buyer thinks they are worth, Kinda why I've kept many of my cars so long. Then again I'm just not a salesman.

phat rat

Whether you do a regular car auction or Ebay do so only with a reserve
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

BFS57

Hello;
Thanks for the input. Looked around and what I'm thinking I should get is about right. I do realize that the market is quite "soft" presently and that if I want my car to sell, I'm going to have to bend in the wind a bit but I think with a reserve lower than appraised value this might happen.

Bruce

ragdol

My '51 Chevy P/U went to Winnipeg Ca. today. I had it listed on Cars on Line's web site. $45 til it sells with 4 pics. Recomended to me by a fellow that sold 3 cars on it this year. I got calls from Califonia to New York. Very satisfied. Larry