Parallel front springs.

Started by Stevie G, August 30, 2004, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie G

How much drop can I expect by reversing the eyes on my front springs?
The height of the eye....right?
Anyone know any good spring shops around Atlanta?
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

Dave

What kind of car ? I have a friend that got hold of Durant and just put monoleafs on his 29 chevy coupe. Ill ask him tomorrow how much it dropped it if i see him and remember...
Dave

Quote from: "Stevie G"How much drop can I expect by reversing the eyes on my front springs?

Stevie G

Quote from: "N8DC"What kind of car ? I have a friend that got hold of Durant and just put monoleafs on his 29 chevy coupe. Ill ask him tomorrow how much it dropped it if i see him and remember...
Dave

My 30 Buick.

enjenjo

Generally about an inch.

How about reworking the axle to mount the spring under the axle, that should drop it 4 to 5 inches without a dropped axle.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Stevie G

Quote from: "enjenjo"Generally about an inch.

How about reworking the axle to mount the spring under the axle, that should drop it 4 to 5 inches without a dropped axle.
I'd like to find a shop in ATL that could drop the axle an inch or two more.
The problem with underslung is that the radiator crossmember is right over the axle.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Stevie G"How much drop can I expect by reversing the eyes on my front springs?
I used a dropped tube axle from Speedway.  They carry one that is for dragster front ends.  Uses Ford spindles, although, they may also have one using some other type of spindles.  Welded a couple of trailer spring pads on the bottom of it and mountd it on top of the springs.  My springs are original in size but I had them made at a place in OKC.  They dearched them until I got just about the ride height I wanted.  This took a couple of tries.  Dropped the car about 5 inches.  It could still sit a little lower but you start to have scrub line problems with the bottom of the springs and the shackle bolts