New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Stick a fork in it , its done ! It really says something when a truck can look so right when it is done in white . All you have to go on is stance for the look . No eye searing paint to draw attention , just a nice , clean , well proportioned ride . Great job .

This.  :)

KB, this fall might offer some scenic photo opportunities for the new slickum job. Keep your eyes peeled because we'd like to see that.  :wink:

Snow pics could be good too :idea:

Whuts next, anything you know of? Rest, perhaps :?:
Matt

kb426

Matt, the list of next projects is long. I haven't got started determining the order yet. Rest is not on the list. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just installed rack and pinion number 3. At least this one was under warranty. I'm not a real fan of rebuilt steering gear. :) I had a man that does lots of these front end installs tell me this would happen. If this one fails, I'll buy a new one. They're not cheap but if 1000 miles is all the others will last, there won't be another discussion.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"I just installed rack and pinion number 3. At least this one was under warranty. I'm not a real fan of rebuilt steering gear. :) I had a man that does lots of these front end installs tell me this would happen. If this one fails, I'll buy a new one. They're not cheap but if 1000 miles is all the others will last, there won't be another discussion.

I installed an inline power steering filter in the system on the 54 chevy.  My steering is very stiff when I first start the car but it is normal after I start driving.  I may change that filter soon.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

This is the beginning of the next step. The Dart bucket seats don't like me. This is a Dakota seat that is not the base model. It will be upholstered in black ultraleather after it warms up enough for me to work on it. I had a 89 Shelby Dakota that had one of these seats. It fit me well. That was several years ago but I'm cautiously optimistic about this allowing me to drive this truck 14 hours at a time and be good. :)
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I'll bet it feels good to be to the point that driving the truck for 14hr days is dependent on how comfortable the seat is. 8)
George

kb426

^^^^^^
You would be correct. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

Seat's in the truck. Too late for pics. Lots to do. Because the console was removed, there's no storage. Decision await. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

This is today's 1st project. The seat was disassembled to facilitate cutting the foam. The shifter needed clearance for 2nd, 4th and reverse. There is a shot of a front mount bracket for the seat. I'm going to drive it for a while before recovering it. I want to make sure this one allows long trips without pain. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I got started on a front bumper of some sorts for the front. May have pics tomorrow.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I was going to put fog lights in the 2 areas where the bumper brackets used to be. I couldn't find any I was happy with so I moved on to the next plan. Me being the ex-dragracer, I thought a push bumper might work. This is an abbreviated version of that. I used an old 2.75" diameter drive shaft. The mounts are 2" x .375" flat stock. When I mitered the shaft, it had twist in it that I had to deal with. It will be painted when it warms up. The question is gray or white?
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

HAMMERTONE grey .

chimp koose

with a metalflake accent!

idrivejunk

Matt