New ride

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, June 23, 2013, 10:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Got a new summer ride!
It's a 1965 Impala with 66K on the clock, never been messed with except new paint and top.
Look's good on me.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

jaybee

Riding in style! Enjoy, it looks like fun and reminds me of one someone in my past had.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

n.c.rodder

You sure do keep coming back to RED don't you? :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

phat46

Best looking year of Chevy IMO.  Had a '65 Caprice and a BB SS Impala, wish I still had the Impala.

sirstude

Welcome to the 65 club
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rrumbler

Beautiful!!  Had a co-worker who had a '65 Impala 396 with a four speed, loved that car.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Beautiful!!  Had a co-worker who had a '65 Impala 396 with a four speed, loved that car.

That made me remember a USAF pal that had is blue '65 SS 409 4 speed convert at Clark Field in the Philippines in'67. He had to go home on compassionate leave and I had the car in my care for a couple weeks. It's the only 409 '65 I ever saw.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

I had a shot at one of them and I let it go by. Not very smart. :shock:
Don Colliau

enjenjo

I have one in storage I bought 25 years ago, with all the parts to build a BB SS car out of it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Nice car for sure.  The older convertibles were way better than the ones today.  They had a whole different aura about them.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Beck

That made me remember a USAF pal that had is blue '65 SS 409 4 speed convert at Clark Field in the Philippines in'67. He had to go home on compassionate leave and I had the car in my care for a couple weeks. It's the only 409 '65 I ever saw.

Charlie[/quote]
The blue 65 convertable I was in at the Ohio Mile last year was a 409 car. It belongs to a buddy of mine. He is a 409 nut. He owns 6 409 cars. His 32 roadster has one. He has a nostalga super stock with one (currently out for rebuild).

sirstude

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Quote from: "Rrumbler"Beautiful!!  Had a co-worker who had a '65 Impala 396 with a four speed, loved that car.

Charlie

Charlie,

There are 3 409 65 Impala's in Great Falls a town of 70k about 90 north of here.  One is a convert.  There were more 409 Impala's than 396 Impala's in 65.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Nice car Ken.......My favorite year Impala.I have been looking for a 65 for a while......I have a fresh 65,409 425HP dual quad motor sitting in the shop just waiting for a ride.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "40"Nice car Ken.......My favorite year Impala.I have been looking for a 65 for a while......I have a fresh 65,409 425HP dual quad motor sitting in the shop just waiting for a ride.

Mine has  283, would you like to sell that 409 ???

Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken