Serpintine Belt

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, June 15, 2013, 10:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

I have a sbc 350 motor and I want to put a serpetine belt on it, here is a brief description.  It's a 350 sbc with short water pump, I'm putting into a 35 Ford, I'm told I can use one off a 4.3 Vortec, Does anybody know if this will work, or is there another system that will work?

Thanks

Harry

I don't know about the Chev, but on some Fords you have to make sure the water pump will turn the right way.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I have a sbc 350 motor and I want to put a serpetine belt on it, here is a brief description.  It's a 350 sbc with short water pump, I'm putting into a 35 Ford, I'm told I can use one off a 4.3 Vortec, Does anybody know if this will work, or is there another system that will work?

Thanks

The 4.3  engine is a shortened 350 engine.  everything should bolt up if your engine has the proper bolts holes on the heads.  That is the one varible that I remember
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I have a sbc 350 motor and I want to put a serpetine belt on it, here is a brief description.  It's a 350 sbc with short water pump, I'm putting into a 35 Ford, I'm told I can use one off a 4.3 Vortec, Does anybody know if this will work, or is there another system that will work?

Thanks

The 4.3  engine is a shortened 350 engine.  everything should bolt up if your engine has the proper bolts holes on the heads.  That is the one variable that I remember

Measure & look closely .... I'm pretty sure the 4.3 Vortec in my Astro van uses the long style water pump .....

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****