Just in case

Started by enjenjo, April 05, 2013, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Nobody noticed, Arthritis sucks!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"Nobody noticed, Arthritis sucks!

Tell me about it. 2 knees and a shoulder replacement later ;-)
Tom...

kb426

TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Yup! First lower back shots for this year the day before yesterday. Slowly improving. Last one worked well for about 7 months.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Mikej

The title for this post should have been - creak creak creak.

48ford

Do you think moving to las Vegas would help???
I don't know. but we talked of moving to Arizona/new Mexico
I realy don't know
later Russ

phat46

That's one thing I don't have and I'm thankful. My wife has it and I can see what she goes through.

enjenjo

Quote from: "48ford"Do you think moving to las Vegas would help???
I don't know. but we talked of moving to Arizona/new Mexico
I realy don't know
later Russ

I go out there for 5 or 6 weeks at a time, and it doesn't help me. Your results may vary.

I was hurting this morning. It took 600 milligrams of Ibuprofen, and 500 milligrams of acetaminophen to get back out there this afternoon. I had "shots" about a month ago. Last time they worked for about 6 months.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Best stuff I ever had was Vioxx . When they took it off the market , I tried Celebrex  and a couple of others. Nothing worked like Vioxx.  That's when I decided to have the replacement knees. I'm not as flexable as I once was, but the pain is gone.  Of course now my hands and hips are starting, but nothing Advil doesn't help.  
Tom...

Crosley.In.AZ

yep , arthritis  is a beech

Tramadol  and Meloxicam meds are keeping me from the shots in the back for pain ....   for now.  I have vicodin as a backup (lol) if the other two meds dont work.

Ibuprofen stopped helping my back  a few months ago.  At that time I took 1000 mg  at a time, usually 3 times a day.  Doctor did not like that.  So I told him give me something else and here I am.

The stretching and exercise - weight machine are helping me too.  I am actually near the full PITA guy I once was.  I will never be the same , but close.

and , I can walk normal again.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "tom36"Best stuff I ever had was Vioxx .
Tom...
I agree!  Celebrex is expensive and doesn't work any better than ibuprofen.

Quote from: "Crosley"
The stretching and exercise - weight machine are helping me too.  I am actually near the full PITA guy I once was.  I will never be the same , but close.
Agree with you too Tony.  I've been doing an hour a few days a week in the gym at the senior center and was pleasantly surprised to find it helps my arthritis.  Working out with fellow seniors has it's advantages too.  They're much better company than the jocks at the "clubs".  :roll:
George

Beck

Come on guys, these are the golden years. I had a couple of golden moments today. 1) that little yellow stream when the Flowmax worked  2) the golden spot on the blanket I was laying on on the couch when my sister in law stopped by to say hi, With her white puff ball dog!
Here I sit writing this in a wheel chair that I have been riding for a week.
It wasn't arthritis that put me here. It's odd what your body can do. Mine quit growing hair on my head at a very early age. Now it puts it every where else. How long of a bone spur can it grow? I had a dandy going on my heel. Had it removed and a hernea fixed at the same visit. Can't walk on one foot, and can't hold myself up with a walker or crutches. It's golden all right!
Hope everyone feels better tomorrow! and the next, and the next....

phat rat

Boy there must be a bunch of old farts here! :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

geeez, talk about taking a P (dont say leak at our ages)

Some daze my P is in morse code ....  dot , dot , dash, dot dash  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

GOLLY.........   I thought that I had it bad   :shock:    

I just keep shufflin' along ..... :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****