AWRSOME.Look at what I got from the State yesterday.

Started by mokanracer, March 07, 2013, 03:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

thats COOL...

better put double nuts on the inside of the attaching bolts.. so nobody can unscrew them while you are not watching..

on an side note...

i read a blog that the state of california is accepting applications for NOS license plates...

they need to have more than 5700 applications or something like that..

they will be yellow with black letters from the 40s and 50s...

black with yellow letter from the 60's...

and blue with yellow from the 70's...

just thought the RRT members should know...

mokanracer

The nuts arnt acessable. They are in side the trunk down below an interior trunk upholsery brd, and trunk is elect from inside the drivers compartment.  Any way,sorry for such a big pig pic, I used tiny pic to post, but came out way big. Still stoked that I was able to get that plate. No one can believe it had never been issued or asked for?

UGLY OLDS

QuoteAWRSOME.Look at what I got from the State yesterday.

The State sent you a "Green Plugy Thingie"  that hangs out of your trunk  :?:  :?:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

mokanracer

Yes, Im inprocess of relocating that switch to under the dash. That is the trunk switch :) It had been under the body at the rear .. A pain as the key has to be on to operate the trunk..

sirstude

A friend of mine here has that plate on his 34 Ford coupe.  He waited years for it to be available.  Some guy named Rod in Billings had it on an old Ford 4x4.  Glen was a cop so he checked every year when the renewal was due, and when Rod, didn't renew, Glen grabbed it and made it a permanent plate.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

mokanracer

Well thats a good story. Also I didnt know, that once a person descards the car etc, the lic Plate becomes avail again. I know some states the plate gos with the car. In Kansas ,the owner keeps the plate as the car moves on. Would be cool to have a USA wide club started ,for all that had a State Plate,of course you would only have 50 Members max :)lol

bucketmouth

Lucky you getting that plate there would be a lot of envious rodders around now. Here in my home state of WA we can purchase plates on all sorts of different themes. Your business, school,charity,club or any sporting club. Just about anything that you are willing to part your dollars for.
They come in both plastic and aluminum in a choice of small plates and large plates and in different colors.
They cost a once off $500 and are yours to keep forever or you can sell them on to someone else.
It's a good money spinner for the state govt.
That's  Western Australia WA not Washington by the way :)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.