Another trip is history

Started by purplepickup, August 24, 2004, 11:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

George you hit the nail on the head. It's about the people, friends new and old. The miles and the smiles. Was 4500 miles for me with a good bud as the copilot. Met a whole bunch of new friends and got to see many more old ones, you included.

Great post, See you at the Zoo.

B :lol: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

48ford

George,
Glad you are o.k.
we are all lucky to have good friends and health!
We are selling the yellow mach-1 that you can relate to me,we have the 46 up and running and like you we are selling the others,we spend so much time working on them and no time cruising.
retirement is not the answer,you will have less time than you do now.
glad you found a wagon i know it will be nice.
maybe I can get to the salt(after Iowa)next year.
Russ&Irene

Crosley.In.AZ

pptruck,

I am looking forward to seeing the Rambler pics.  The next car i buy will be a Rambler near 1959-61

Janice got sick tuesday eve in Utah. We flew home on wed morning.

She spent near 2 full days in bed sick, something she never does!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I got a call yesterday to speak about Bonneville at the Lions Club meeting for September.  Do you think I can find enough to talk about to fill up 20 minuets?
Knowing you, there shouldn't be any problem talking for 20 minutes.  I expect at about 40 minutes they will say something like "Well, Mr Kimbrough, that was very interesting now we must move on." :lol:  I mean that in a good way.  You're one of those good ol boys that always seems comfortable telling a tale.....and you have quite a tale to tell.

Quote from: "Crosley"pptruck,

Janice got sick tuesday eve in Utah. We flew home on wed morning.
She spent near 2 full days in bed sick, something she never does!
Hmmm....the plot thickens...
We were apologizing to each other for passing the bug around but bugs take longer than that to pass.  It's like we were all exposed to something together.  I guess we'll never know.  I've still got a heck of a cough and a nose full of snot.
Quote from: "Crosley"I am looking forward to seeing the Rambler pics.  The next car i buy will be a Rambler near 1959-61
Here's a couple of pics I took in the swap area.  It's a lighter yellow than the pictures show.  The surf board will probably find a home as garage art.  I'm not really a surfer dude kinda guy.

George

Crosley.In.AZ

* that rumbling Rambler  looks nice!

Y'all do know my favorite color is yellow?

An EFI small chevy / 700r4 and it would cruise at 24 mpg at 75.
Tony

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"An EFI small chevy / 700r4 and it would cruise at 24 mpg at 75.
One thing that I like is that it is very basic and simple right now.  I've always avoided electronics but Choco Munday convinced me that I need to buy his book on fuel injection.   He says it's written for simple minds like mine.  

Right now I probably won't be changing much.  I didn't pay too much for it but it still put me back in debt....which I hate.  I'll check it out close once I get it home.  I'm sure there will be some tweaking to do. :wink:
George

1FATGMC

Hey George I like it and think it is going to be a good car for you.

I've noticed that you like cars with subtle colors  :lol: .

c ya, Sum

beatnik

George, I guess you weren't kidding around when you said you liked that wagon.  It was nice, I did check it out after you mentioned it.  

If you could live with the surf board it be a regular chick magnet  :wink:
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

purplepickup

Quote from: "beatnik"If you could live with the surf board it be a regular chick magnet  :wink:

Yeah right!  :lol:  When chicks get close enough to see that an old man is driving, I get that smile like they give their grandpa.  I wouldn't want to deal with the drama anyway.  I DO like to look tho :D
George

GPster

Yeh, but with all those windows it would be a great car for your dog to ride in. It is air conditioned isn't it? Kelsey, our (my) dog loves to ride in our Cherocce (?) because it has bucket seats and he can lounge on the consol and have all the vents aimed at him. He doesn't think much of riding in my truck, too cramped. I would have known better if you had referred to your purchase as an American. That's the way we alwayssingled out that small body style. But why am I telling you? You're older. GPster

phat rat

So that's your new wagon. Nice! I looked at it in the swap. Yea that's a bi%@# about the youngins aint it grandpa. Been there done that :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Sean

Thats a cool looking wagon...

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Sean"Thats a cool looking wagon...

I must be missing something  :roll: where's the pic?  
George, You know rob's wanted a wagon for about 4 yrs now, better look out  :wink:

Leon

It was good seeing you and everyone else on this trip.  Maybe next year you can join us on the Tour??  If not, see you next August on the salt!

Crosley.In.AZ

Look on page ONE

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "Sean"Thats a cool looking wagon...

I must be missing something  :roll: where's the pic?  
George, You know rob's wanted a wagon for about 4 yrs now, better look out  :wink:
Tony