Who is Johnny Law Motors? Who is American Shifter?

Started by My52Chebby, February 13, 2013, 08:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

Been getting scads of emails from these two. American Shifter looks like Lokar...

Just curious.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

rumrumm

From what I can tell, this business sells shifters from various manufacturers.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Sometimes when you buy stuff online, the checkout page has a box that is checked by default that says something like "Yes, please send me emails for sales and promotion deals from us or our associates".  They sort of hide it so it's not easy to see and uncheck.  

Spammers also scan forums for email addresses too.  Never post your address in it's real format online.  Do it like howieATyahooDOTcom or something.  Same with your phone number.

I just tag unwanted emails to go directly into my Spam box.  I don't click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email because all that does is verifies that your email box is active and they'll send you more. Ain't the internet wunnerful?
George

kb426

I believe American Shifter is what used to be Gennie Shifter. The guy that had Streamline parts in Denver had something to do with that. I think he folded and sold assets to someone else. I don't know the chain of events well enough to be certain if I'm correct.
TEAM SMART

348tripower

There was a thread in the HAMB about the American Shifter Company selling shifters made in China. That Johnny Law seems to be a spin off of Streamline. All Chinese made trash and bad customer service to go along with it.
Don Colliau

butch27

I got the same "Johnny Law" E-Mail.  Just deleted it.

Uncle Bob

If you want to do more online searches add "Hoffman Group, Portland Or." to your search.  Hours of hate and discontent.  They do the "American" Shifter, also Vintage Parts (big ads in the mags), not sure about Johnny Law.  I'm not sure they picked up the ruins of Gennie Shifter, just did a design rip off like the rest of their stuff.  Streamline sure messed it up though.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

river1

No experiance with either johnny law OR hoffman group but they have the same address in Portland OR.

From the internet there are more disappointed buyers then happy ones so buyer beware and do your own research.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tedkyler

I have a buddy who bought some bear claw latches from Johnny Law Motors. He said he might buy from them again but would depend on the item of course. I try to find parts at swap meets or local ads but that doesn't always work. I was looking at Street Rod Headquarters website wondering if anyone here has bought anything from them.?

enjenjo

Quote from: "tedkyler"I have a buddy who bought some bear claw latches from Johnny Law Motors. He said he might buy from them again but would depend on the item of course. I try to find parts at swap meets or local ads but that doesn't always work. I was looking at Street Rod Headquarters website wondering if anyone here has bought anything from them.?

Street Rod headquarters is a subsidiary of Chevys of the Forties. I have done business with them for years, always good service.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

nzsimon

I tried to buy something from streamline cant remember what but he quoted me more than retail
I sensed the "rip off the foreigner" so took a wide berth I think this was a guy on the hamb but not100% as it has been awhile
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true