Started by river1, February 04, 2013, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Ultimate barn find

http://www.coolestone.com/media/3728/America039%3bs-Ultimate-Barn-Find/

I think I remember hearing about this but I don't remember seeing this

It is a number of videos back to back

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

TJ's Dad

Thanks for sharing , fantastic footage ..........
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

UGLY OLDS

That auction was up north of us ... LOTS  of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  changed hands that day... :shock:    You have to remember ...Almost ALL of the cars & bikes were DRIVEN into those barns for storage & they got almost ALL of them running for the auction ..... 8)  They had museums all over the world bidding on things ....

WAY to mutch for me ..  :roll:  A lot of nice stuff though & they were VERY careful removing things .....There are many videos on line ..

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

papastoyss

If you ever find yourself in the western North Carolina/ eastern Tn. area be sure to take in the video's host Wheels Thru Time museum in Maggie Valley N.C.He bought the white car w/the FINS in the video & also owns the "cyclecar" from the American Pickers show. We went there last Sept. on the Street Rodder mag Road Tour. I really enjoyed the visit & I am not a motorcycle owner or rider.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

purplepickup

I was looking for the auction video link to send to a friend and saw the page showing results of the Lee Hartung auction.  I don't know the condition of the cars but many seemed to sell for reasonable prices.  Here's the link if anyone cares  http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=lh11&search=&category=Cars&year=&make=&model=&collection=&day=&order=runorder&noreserve=&feature=&stillforsale=&grouping=&rowsperpage=

I saw on another site that the motorcycles did bring some very high prices.
George

river1

WOW seems like the sold prices were very reasonable

Deuces for under $10000  :shock:

thanks for that George

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

50 F1

Jim  

Thanks for posting the link to those videos. I finally got to a place where I could watch them.  We still have dial up.   I really enjoyed watching that guy start up all those motor cycles.  Kind of sad seeing that mans life long hobby get taking apart like that but between the cars, bikes and memorabilia it probably made 100's of people happy.

Thanks Mike