A few Richmond, VA show pics

Started by GaryR, February 15, 2004, 10:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryR

The wife and I went to an indoor show in Richmond Saturday.  It wasn't a huge show, just 75 cars or so.  The weather has been so bad recently that I just had to get away and do something car related.  I thought I'd post some pictures of what I thought were some of the nicer cars there.

The uploads worked on the test forum, I hope they work here. Apologies for the quality, I can't compete with Don.

Gary
Some day, maybe I\'ll think of something witty, \'til then, this is the best I could do!

Fast Elvis

Great shots Gary!...where did they put this show on?...at a mall because of the size (75 cars)?.......and yes that coupe in the parking lot was nice. 8)

MikeC

The primered 34 is Allen's, the owner of Flatlanders Hot Rods in Norfolk Va.  He has been building mainly traditional rods since about 1973 or so.  It is a glass car and if you saw the deck lid, it is louvered.  He put on about 25 louvers bolted into the glass and then spent many hours filling and sanding each one to make them look like they were pressed.  It is a very nice car.  The shop makes great frames, he has an axel business as well making forged drops (Vintage Axel), sells to about 65 dealers around the country.  A great guy who has been very helpful to me with my first car.

slocrow

Quote from: "MikeC"The primered 34 is Allen's, the owner of Flatlanders Hot Rods in Norfolk Va.  He has been building mainly traditional rods since about 1973 or so.  It is a glass car and if you saw the deck lid, it is louvered.  He put on about 25 louvers bolted into the glass and then spent many hours filling and sanding each one to make them look like they were pressed.  It is a very nice car.  The shop makes great frames, he has an axel business as well making forged drops (Vintage Axel), sells to about 65 dealers around the country.  A great guy who has been very helpful to me with my first car.

Hey MikeC; Got a question. Assuming your familiar with the car, what's the deal with the 34's windshield? It looks like an original working swing out, yet it's a glass car. Does it work? If it's functional, it's something I'd like to investigate and do too my glass 32, so I'd be looking for more info on the how too. What do you know?......Thanks , Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

MikeC

Hey MikeC; Got a question. Assuming your familiar with the car, what's the deal with the 34's windshield? It looks like an original working swing out, yet it's a glass car. Does it work? If it's functional, it's something I'd like to investigate and do too my glass 32, so I'd be looking for more info on the how too. What do you know?......Thanks , Frank[/quote]

I can't remember the details but I will find out.  I should be down there later in the week.  I will let you know.
Mike

MikeC

Hey MikeC; Got a question. Assuming your familiar with the car, what's the deal with the 34's windshield? It looks like an original working swing out, yet it's a glass car. Does it work? If it's functional, it's something I'd like to investigate and do too my glass 32, so I'd be looking for more info on the how too. What do you know?......Thanks , Frank[/quote]

Frank.
I just got back from Alan's shop.  Yes the front glass is functional and opens.  He said he would be happy to explain to you how he did it.  He just got online and I told him about this site and I am going to email him this link.  You can email him directly at;
hotrodflatlander@aol.com
He is expecting to hear from you.  Tell him that Mike from Va. Beach with the 39 Chevy told you to contact him.
MikeC