New Guy here !!

Started by mokanracer, January 15, 2013, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokanracer

Quote from: "Mikej"My car didn't have any way to manually open the doors from the inside. That was the first thing I fixed. My hood sides come off so I can charge at the Alt. or at the starter. I also have a hidden wire to pull to open the door from the outside of the car.
I,d be interested in hearing about your door opening fix. I know I could put my trickle charger on the starter, But would be soo much easier to have a place under the rear ,where the battery is ,to easly connect to. Its been soo cold here, havent done any thing ,but order a few parts. My Hagan gas filler lid,magnetic latch broke,so had to order a replacemet. I have a set of SS Block Huggers coming today,as Im gonna put a full exhaust on the car,also hood sides and side windows,etc.

Mikej

Mine was fairly easy. I have suicide doors so the actuators are not in the door. I have gold trims guages so I used brass parts. Some plumbing fitting that I rounded and brass rod. It is just a push button mounted under the dash with linkage that pushs down on the actuator. I worried about being in an accident or a fire and not getting out. Has worked well for 50000+ miles.

mokanracer

Quote from: "Mikej"Mine was fairly easy. I have suicide doors so the actuators are not in the door. I have gold trims guages so I used brass parts. Some plumbing fitting that I rounded and brass rod. It is just a push button mounted under the dash with linkage that pushs down on the actuator. I worried about being in an accident or a fire and not getting out. Has worked well for 50000+ miles.
Well I got the new hagen gas lid latch installed. Havent done any thing else. It was 76 yesterday, ,now its cold again and supposed to get snow