Norm Grabowski has passed.

Started by Carnut, October 12, 2012, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

According to posts on the blogosphere and Facebook Norm Grabowski has passed.

From a post on his Facebook page:

"many of you are aware that Norm Grabowski has been quite ill this past year. It's with deep sorrow that I ask you to pray for his family for he passed away around 5 this morning. As our sorrow fades my family will remember our beloved Norm with a smile, and know how blessed we are for having him in our lives"

Linda Steves

rumrumm

That's a shame. I talked with him twice in Louisville. What a friendly, fun-loving guy. RIP, Norm.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I first met Norm about 12 years ago at the Bob's in Taluca Lake. He treated me like an old buddy every time I saw him since then.

His most famous car was the Kookie car, but he did a bunck of other ones I liked too. He had a T touring that ended up becoming the star of a tv show, My Mother the Car. He built a Corvair powered trike in the 60s, and the a 55 F100 that was one of the nicest ever done. The Henway of course, and the Hillbilly truck. In addition he was a master carver. I'll miss him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

He was one of a kind. RIP Norm
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

I first met Norm at the Street Rod Nationals in Memphis about 1975.  He was driving the Henway.  Every time our paths crossed over the years he was always easy to talk to and a lot of fun.  He lived life large.

Godspeed Norm.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Carnut

Yeah, I remember catching Norm at Nats Memphis in 75.

Fat Cat

I will certainly miss my buddy Norm. He treated me as an old friend every time I saw him and right up until the last time I saw him he alwasy asked me the same question. Which was, "Are you keeping things status-quoski?" It was a polish thing and was a fond memory from my trip to LA in 2000. below are some picture I took on that voyage.

Charlie Chops 1940

There's a man who touched many hearts. RIP Norm.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

The rodding community will miss Norm. :cry:
Don Colliau

TJ's Dad

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Carnut

Humm, should I be embarrassed about the Truck pic above?

Is that a Grabowski creation?

Obviously I thought it was.

t-vicky

I think that truck belonged to a guy in Colo. I have pics of it on my garage wall. If you look at the pics of the 83 nats in Oklahoma City Norms truck is on the first page.  A model T C-cab with a flat bed.

UGLY OLDS

" RIP" just does not seem to fit Norm ... He's prolly still havin' a good time joking & laughing & makin people smile .. :lol:  ....Just in a better place ..... 8)

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.