Air Compressor pump

Started by enjenjo, October 04, 2012, 08:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Anyone ever use a Polar Air compressor pump, from Eaton compressors. They have a deal going on right now, and I will be passing within 5 miles of the factory nexy week for a FOB pickup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"Anyone ever use a Polar Air compressor pump, from Eaton compressors. They have a deal going on right now, and I will be passing within 5 miles of the factory nexy week for a FOB pickup.

I got on their site and looked at their stuff. Pretty impressive. Prices look good. I have a Devilbiss 5 or 6hp with a 80 gallon tank. It is getting pretty noisy. About ten years old now. I clean or replace the filters and change the oil.
Don
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Anyone ever use a Polar Air compressor pump, from Eaton compressors. They have a deal going on right now, and I will be passing within 5 miles of the factory nexy week for a FOB pickup.

I got on their site and looked at their stuff. Pretty impressive. Prices look good. I have a Devilbiss 5 or 6hp with a 80 gallon tank. It is getting pretty noisy. About ten years old now. I clean or replace the filters and change the oil.
Don

I called them today, they have discontinued the one I wanted, it was replaced by a new model that is $75 more, still a good deal, but in the range of what I can buy a name brand for, and they have none in stock, and won't for three weeks minimum. I am still looking, I may rebuild the old one.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am still looking, I may rebuild the old one.

I have a used Type 30 Ingersoll-Rand 2-stage, cast-iron compressor for sale for $250.

It is like this one:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_42535_42535

I bought the complete unit to get the 80gal vertical tank to replace the cracked 60 gal horizontal tank on my exisiting compressor.

The company I bought it from had the compressor rebuilt, shortly before closing their doors.  ....My buddy worked there, and suggested I get it because it was in great shape.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I am still looking, I may rebuild the old one.

I have a used Type 30 Ingersoll-Rand 2-stage, cast-iron compressor for sale for $250.

It is like this one:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_42535_42535

I bought the complete unit to get the 80gal vertical tank to replace the cracked 60 gal horizontal tank on my exisiting compressor.

The company I bought it from had the compressor rebuilt, shortly before closing their doors.  ....My buddy worked there, and suggested I get it because it was in great shape.

Is that delivered?  :roll:

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: enjenjo
Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Is that delivered?  :roll:

I can deliver it, if you don't need it for a few years!

Bruce Dorsi

Sorry, Frank, but I made a mistake in my earlier post.

The compressor I have is not like the one I linked to previously.

This link correctly shows what I have:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_42538_42538?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Air%20Compressors-_-Air%20Compressor%20Pumps-_-1592032&ci_sku=1592032&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

It was driven with a 5hp 3-phase motor.  .....I have the same pump on my compressor and run it up to 155psi with a 5hp single-phase motor on a 30 amp circuit.

I can e-mail pics of the actual unit that I have available.

enjenjo

QuoteI can e-mail pics of the actual unit that I have available.

please.

39deluxe

Mine is very similar. It comes on at 145 and pumps to 175.