Anyone hear from RAYVYN ?

Started by Dave, August 17, 2004, 07:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "choco"Glad you're OK, Brian, and it's great to have caught up with you. If you ever come to Australia's Capital, you have a room at our place any time.
Rayvyn will fit right in up there, all the roads go round and round in circles and take you nowhere.

QuoteCarps will only abuse you, wave a rag doll under your nose and make fun of your weird accent.
It's OK I can do that from here, just as easy.

QuoteI, however, have much more tact, and would never ever ever do anything like that, never, no way, honest.
So Choco, where did you get the 'Tact' from, something you picked up on your US vacation?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

choco

Quote from: "Carps"So Choco, where did you get the 'Tact' from, something you picked up on your US vacation?

I learnt it from Fat Cat. He is just such a great guy. Quiet, humble, shy, modest, and, above all, tactful. He only called me a piece of colonial roo poo seventeen times, and almost refrained from commenting on my girth, male pattern baldness, appearance, T Shirt choice, engine preference, proximity to the RRT BBQ, language and marital status of parents. A truly great ambassador. Th'Rayvn, on the other hand, called me Carps' Mate.
Hmph.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

gt28a

Glad to here you're OK Brian.  For a while there I thought it would be left to Fat Cat and I to take the p**s out of Choco :D

enjenjo

Quote from: "choco"While keeping in mind what Carps, said, it's good to have you back. I know exactly how you feel. I lived through Cyclone Tracy, which leveled Darwin on Christmas day 1974. Darwin is the capital city of the Northern Territory. I was based at the Naval Communications Station at the time, and was happily celebrating the upcoming public holiday when I was ordered to my post on the Civil Defence team around 11PM CHristmas Eve. I witnessed the storm in all its fury, and have never forgotten the tragedy, the heartache and the heroism that I witnessed before, during and after the storm. I have way too many stories to tell and many that are my own private memories that can never be told. The one that still creeps me out is helping a friend dig through the rubble of his house so he could retrieve the bodies of his Wife and two daughters.
The wind speed thingy at the Bureau of Meteorolgy in Darwin measured up to 200MPH, but it was destroyed by the fury of the cyclone some time after the 170MPH mark.
I have been through several cyclones since, plus the Ash Wednesday bushfires, but nothing holds a candle to Tracy.
Glad you're OK, Brian, and it's great to have caught up with you. If you ever come to Australia's Capital, you have a room at our place any time. Carps will only abuse you, wave a rag doll under your nose and make fun of your weird accent. I, however, have much more tact, and would never ever ever do anything like that, never, no way, honest.

A thorn between two roses.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

old32

Rayvyn,
Great to hear that all ended well at your place, I'm sure that many Aussies down here were thinking of you although we don't know you on person.
Now to Choco,
I know you think that the Yank beer tastes like lizards * but do you have to drink it out of the specimen jar

Or have I got it wrong and you were having your specimen taken?
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

choco

Quote from: "old32"Now to Choco,
I know you think that the Yank beer tastes like lizards * but do you have to drink it out of the specimen jar

Here's the story.....
The CRAKNs (Canberra Rodders at the Kentucky Nationals) had been on the road for a couple of weeks by the time we got to Memphis. Our Wives were busy shopping when we decided to sit a while at BB King's bar on Beale St. Now, up until then, we had been drinking America's version of "beer" out of plastic bloody cups, and the thought of another "beer" in such a container was depressing, to say the least. So when the cute little bartender proceeded to pour the Bud into plastic cups, I had to say something.
"Excuse me, Miss" I asked, being ever so polite. "Can we have that beer in glasses?"
Well, she looked a bit surprised at that.
"Sir" she said. I looked around, but it appeared she was addressing me. "Sir, if you have beer in glass, you can't go out into the street with it."
"Well" I replied, "that's a sacrifice we are prepared to make. Drinking beer out of plastic cups is abhorrent to our delicate Australian pallettes. Proceed with your ministrations, fair beer wench, for we are mighty thirsty!"
So she poured the beer into Mason jars, which is some sort of southern tradition. You can't sing the blues unless you are dirt poor, and drinking from mason jars is something that dirt poor people do. We enjoyed the novelty, and enquired as to whether we could purchase some of these quaint jars.
"Well, no, they are not for sale" said our barmaid, now quite taken with our quirky Aussie ways.
"What if we steal them" I asked. "Would that be OK?"
"Sure" she said.
So we stole a few mason jars from BB King's bar. While we sat drinking our beer from our mason jars, an old, old man was setting up the instruments for that night's blues band.
"Must be some old roadie" we decided.
Later that night, we returned to see the blues band, Carl Darvin Drew and Willie May, The Blues Band. Turns out the "old roadie" was 87 year old Carl Darvin Drew, who sang the blues all night long. He was great. Jesse Dodeson and Joyce Henderson were in the band, too. I bought all their CDs and the band signed them.
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

Carps

Quote from: "choco"I learnt it from Fat Cat.
Heck, if he wasn't twice your height, he'd almost pass as your identical twin.  Oh, and there's the little matter of where his hair grows.   :lol:  

QuoteTh'Rayvn, on the other hand, called me Carps' Mate.
Hmph.
Geez, I hope ya put him straight on that score.    :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.