Latest picture of the tornado repairs

Started by 348tripower, April 30, 2012, 04:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

New roof and bay window. Ceilings primed today. :D
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Don, I know you are from Michigan, and I hate to mention it, but you put the walls on upside down.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

The repairs look great, nice roof, and Frank, that's a little known technique we all use UP here in Michigan....it makes the water drip right off down on Ohio... :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Looks good Don ... And don't let Frank be razzin' you...WE know the negative was inverted when you posted the photo.... :? Don't we  :?:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I thought he was Chinese, right to left. :D
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don, I know you are from Michigan, and I hate to mention it, but you put the walls on upside down.

The guys seem to get a kick out of doing that :lol:
Don Colliau

jaybee

You're making good progress there, it looks great!

Since you're doing so well on time, wouldn't there be enough time to turn that wall over like it belongs? All you need is a skyhook for the roof and a wall spreader, plus a couple of strong guys...
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Serious question Don ... How is the roof made over the bay window?  It does not seem like a "Dormer" type  roof that goes into the main pitch of the roof ...   Or is the angle of the photo messin' with my good eye  :?:

Looks good ... 8)  

Keep up the good work ... );b( ......

Bob .....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Bob,
The original roof has two different pitches to it so looking at that view is confusing. I will post more pictures later showing the siding work. One end view should make it clearer. I made a decision Monday to replace the window on the right with one that is 5 foot tall and the small window in the stone work. The one on the right is a replacement window that is off 1 inch in 7 feet. I don't want to show case everyones hard work with crooked window. The small window in the stone replaced the original front door. I put that in years ago and can't remember why I made it shorter. I think this will be the last time I upgrade this house so here we go.
Don Colliau

HotRodLadyCrusr

Sorry I must have missed the thread where you got damaged in that twister.  Glad to hear though that you're in the mend.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.