Application For Full Membership In Team Smart

Started by Carnut, April 23, 2012, 02:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

I've never quite felt like I was accepted as a full member of Team Smart, so here goes.

Here's some of my posts from FB, easier than retyping with one finger.

4/14/12 10:30pm
ok, weather guy says tornado was heading to my front yard power went out, Shadow and I went to basement, I tripped over Shadow and fell down stairs and think I broke wrist, matbe arm, hit shoulder knocked wind out of me, hit head, Was a poster boy for 'help button' Called 911 waiting for ambulance, still nopower.

11:45pm
ok the paramedics were here and we decided that 1 have a broken arm/wrist, got an ice pack and some ibuprofen and a wrist/arm splint. decided to wait until tomorrow to go to er as a walking wounded. typing with one hand is hard, still no power, not sure how long bat will holdout. Didn't want to go tp ER and wait thru the 'Crowd' that would be there.

04/15 1:30pm
ok i am home typing one finger, went to ER this morning, shattered my wrist, went thru some traction to start to get things back in place. No damage to my place just had a power outage for a bit. Yes i live close enough to see damage from my place, Anyhow beautiful day here now think I'm going back to bed for awhile, I'm kinda drugged up.

Will be going to ortho surgeon tomorrow 9am

Shadow seems ok, don't think I hurt her don't remember her screaming.

04/16
ok went to surgeon, got surgery sched for thurs, will get a T shaped plate and several screws. not happy camper, have 4 breaks, 3 across 1 up and down plus several pieces. he hoped will have full use after. need to get swelling down first so may depend on swelling for schedule.

I need another hand ever try to open script safety caps one handed?

04/17
Went to hospital this morning for pre-admission checkin. Sched for 6:00am surgery.

04/18
Not feeling any better, just one notch below miserable, especially after having to retype this after loosing it.

04/19 3:30pm
operation over feelling pretty good now. But  at release nurse said keep an eye on fingers and if they got blue or cold I should call Dr or go to ER.

04/20 2:20am
So I wake up at midnight w/cold fingers and they were looking dark and blue and hurting like hell.

So I hop in cruiser and head to ER not realizing I was still loopy and had been told not to drive for 24hs.

Get to ER get checked out and find my fingers were cold because of icebag, fingers were green from operation antiseptic and hurting because it was time for my pain pills.

Then Dr has to decide if he wants to take the gamble to let me drive home. Fortunately he let me go.

04/21
Heh heh after that I get my first 8hrs sleep Ive had since Fri.

There's a lot more but even with pain pills it still hurts too much to be doing this

river1

Quote from: "Carnut"I need another hand ever try to open script safety caps one handed?

some med containers if you turn the cap over they will screw on without the safety bit or if you take them back to the pharmacy they can give you non safety capped containers. ONLY do this if you have no kids around

Quote from: "Carnut"There's a lot more but even with pain pills it still hurts too much to be doing this

take it easy and don't over do it. you'll heal and feel better faster

sounds like you had a terrible week  :(  hope the rest of the year goes better

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

That should get you on the Team....I hope you don't mind if I chuckled a couple times reading that, I could see me doing the same things. I also cringed a couple times!  Also some of my meds have a cap that if you push the top down when it's off they will not lock, the center of the cap drops a little and they won't "catch". But only if no kids can get at them of course. Good luck with the recovery.

Uncle Bob

Quite the story, and glad it wasnt' any worse.  Heal well.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

oj

Its a good sign your sense of humor survived.  Nasty business going to a hospital, don't let it slow you down tho.

tom36

Quote from: "phat46"That should get you on the Team....I hope you don't mind if I chuckled a couple times reading that, I could see me doing the same things. I also cringed a couple times!
X2!  You didn't say, but was this your "dominant" hand?  Get well, Tom...

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rumrumm

If you are like me, once the pain subsides, you'll be out in the garage again. Wishing you the best.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

OK George ... As the first Member of "Team Smart" , I reviewed your application completely ......  :?

I am proud ( Sorry  :?:  ) to say that you fulfilled ALL the requirements for membership in one , Yessir, ONE TRY  :!:  :shock: ..

VERY few people can say that ...Most have to kinda "Work up to it"  if ya know what I mean ... :roll:  

It prolly hurts like the devil but look at the bright side ...No damage to your house or property... Shadow seems none the worse for wear & prolly still likes you ....Carnut Gal will be there to smother you with love & affection during your recuperation...( If you work it right , complete recuperation could take a Loooong time ..  :idea:  ) .

And best of all ...

Think of all the bells & whistles you will now cause when going through the airport   :!:   8)

Best Wishs ....Heal up quick...Welcome to the TEAM   :!:  :!:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Man I am glad you're semi-OK, carnut. And hope you're healing comfortably. I have a friend who was widowed by this scenario. Both dog and husband died from a fall headed down the stairs. Count your blessings and be patient with the healing process.
Matt

purplepickup

Love your story George and good to hear you're mostly ok.  Unfortunately the dark side of being a member of Team Smart (which I believe you have earned) is that your misfortune is our entertainment.  

Now, if you want to improve your Team Smart standing you can call a "trip and fall" attorney and sue yourself.

Get well.
George

UGLY OLDS

QuoteNow, if you want to improve your Team Smart standing you can call a "trip and fall" attorney and sue yourself.

Shadow already called.... :shock:  Going after George for " Pain & Discomfort"   :idea:  

10,000"Bones" as I heard it .... :lol:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****