I'm a Member of the Long Roof Club Now!!

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, April 01, 2012, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, a couple of months ago I purchased a 1960 Pontiac Catalina 9 passenger station wagon from Roger Jetter AKA 40StudeDude in ColoRODo. I've wanted a wagon for a few years now and have been seriously looking lately. I knew Roger was working on this one and kinda asked him for first dibs last year I think it was. Fast forward to the beginging of this year and I asked him about how much longer before "my" wagon would be road worthy. As luck would have it he was just about finished up with the upgrades and makeover. We settle on a fair price and the wagon was mine.

I'd like to thank Roger and his brother Dan for giving me the opportunity to purchase the wagon and for putting in the extra effort making sure the wagon is completely road worthy and reliable for me and for getting the wagon safely to Jay's place in Kansas. I really, really appreciate it fellas.

I'd also like to thank Jay Sweet AKA No Surf for allowing us to use his barn as a drop point for the wagon and keeping it safe till BenD gets there to pick it up and of course I'd like to thank BenD for hauling the wagon from Jay's place to mine here in Michigan. You're the bestest sweetie!

Without further ado here are some photos of my new wagon which hopefully will make it to my place very, very, very soon as I'm so excited and anixous I can't heardly stand it.

The wagon didn't fit in Rogers garage with the front bumper on. Sure hope it fits in mind!

350/350 combo, perfect for racking up lots and lots of miles all year round.

I absolutely love the interior, not so thrilled with the exterior color but I know a painter.

and my favorite part! Big enough to haul BOTH my minibike AND go-cart at the same time

The wagon loaded for its ride to Kansas. Thanks again Roger and Dan!

The wagon safely tucked in at Jays place......thanks again Jay!

With all this excitement I forgot to mention Big Olds found another home.

Almost forgot to mention I'm looking for a 1960 Michigan plate for the wagon. WIll pay cash, or trade for another year that I have OR will trade cookies
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Hooley

Great Wagon Denise, I too like the long roofs.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

moose

That is a nice looking toy. Have you named "HIM" yet? Will you have it at Ypsi in May?

I have that box of roundness still sitting here for you. When would be a good time for burgers?????

moose

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Hooley"Great Wagon Denise, I too like the long roofs.

Hooley

Thanks, you'll see it at the end of the month.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "moose"That is a nice looking toy. Have you named "HIM" yet?
Not yet, maybe Big Blue???

Will you have it at Ypsi in May?
Yes, we're attending as long as it's not pouring
I have that box of roundness still sitting here for you. When would be a good time for burgers?????
GREAT, thanks, yes we need to plan something and we can trade Benifiber for car bits. 8)

enjenjo

QuoteWith all this excitement I forgot to mention Big Olds found another home.

Parking it in your dad's garage now huh? 04/01/2012
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Nice wagon. I hope it serves you as well as Big Olds.
TEAM SMART

Leon

Looking forward to seeing it in June!  It's in a lot better shape than the one I have.

Harry

Name the wagon....
"Blue By You"....?
"Blew By You."..?

tomslik

ya need a pedal car (plane) for the roof... :D
hey, i could park one of my ramblers in that;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Leon"Looking forward to seeing it in June!  It's in a lot better shape than the one I have.
Looking forward to showing it to you.  Your female friend still coming out with you??

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Harry"Name the wagon....
"Blue By You"....?
"Blew By You."..?

Very clever.  One of the guys on the HAMB came up with Big Chief.  I kinda like that, or Big Blue.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Some of you know me only too well.

The wagon IS going to look nice parked in the garage NEXT to Big Olds.

39deluxe

Great score. I've liked those '60 Pontiacs since they were new. It looks like a very well preserved car.

Tom