The Funnest Weekend (Louisville)

Started by Nick32Vic, August 11, 2004, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

I made this post on the HAMB but for some reason couldnt get on the RRT till today so i just copy/pasted it. It aplys here to.

Well its over for this year so I just have to wait till next. I think i came to the conclusion that this was the funnest weekend I can ever remember. The only way it could have been better is if i would have won that RPU and if i could have got some.....well, nevermind that . I am going to tell a tale of how my weekend went wether you want to read or just look at the pictures.

First the ride down was alright except a buddy had some troubles but got them fixed. We got there Thursday and got registered and went directly to the fairgrounds. Dad and I went through the building and loooked at everything then went and looked at some cars.

Friday was even more fun than thursday. I met tons and tons of cool HAMBers and RRTers and some other people from another forum. Some of the people i got to meet included
Sawzall
Plowboy
YngRodder
Flat-Top
Butt Reynolds
59buickwagon
Skr8pn
Drd57
Von Tingler
Brooding Swede
Roadstar
Fat Cat
BobK
AnimalAin
FlameFink
and others(sorry if i forgot you)
and i also got to see
Hotrodladycruiser
Beatnik
Enjenjo
WHEELSPINNER
and others (sorry if i forgot.)
I cruised the fairgrounds in my dads car alot on friday with the top down. That was fun! Then I was cruisn with 3 freinds in the car. We cruised for at least an hour. I get 30 feet from the parking place to park and my friend says "Nick, the cop on the golf cart behind us said stop" So i stop and the guy pulls up to the side and says in a smart * attitude "Are suppose to be drivin this" I say, "ya its my dads" he says "Well how old are you?" i say "17" and He asked for my liscence and then felt like an * when he realised i really am 17. Then he went on to make some stupid joke and left. In his defense he was just keeping things safe. In my defense he was mean about it and i didnt hurt anything or anybody. But it was all funny once it was over.

Then a lady in the car club had one of those fake newspapers made up that said "Louisville Post, Louisvilles Finest Stops Joyride at Nats!!!" It was very funny.

Friday night Me, my dad, and a couple buddys went to the art show. Let me tell you that if you didnt go, you missed an awesome little show. The art work was great! I hope they have it next year too.

Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting lots more hambers and having a famous cookie. mmmmm mmmmm good! Then, Gus took me for a ride in that * little roadster! What a blast! When Gus dropped me off were my group was parked my dad told me Barry Meguir did a spot on our car club! So look for Southern Il. Street Rod Association on Meguiars Car Crazy!

Then Flat-Top introduced me to Norm Grabowski and i got a autographed postered. Norm is a really really cool guy. If you have the chance to meet him take it! You will love him!

We cruised over to the 29 and under thing and needless to say there was some neat stuff there. I cant wait till i get to join in the fun next year with my car!

Sunday was also a good time because my freind got a winning spot for Mopar Country with his completely home built 34 Dodge Pickup. Later we had an uneventfull trip home. O ya, i got to meet "Riz" also on Sunday.

I took tons of pics and got some good footage on the video camera too. I hope everyone else had as much fun as i did! I know PeteJoe did!  

Nick

Plowboys buddy, my dad, and Gus.

Spacetruck

The cool little roadster

40's 40

A 3 window!

Gasser!

MOPAR!

Nice Dash!

Clean

NORM AND I! (thanks flat top)

Sawzall's killer ride!

HOMEBUILT!

I would just like to thank everybody on here for such a great time! Meeting everybody truly made this the funnest weekend ever! Someone told me that the people is the fun part, the cars are just to look at.  

ENJOY! Nick

Nick32Vic

Heres a few more pics.

The first one is my friends 34 Dodge Truck. you got to love the engineering. Keep in mind that its completely homebuilt. The ONLY thing they didnt do themselves was the actual interior. But they did design it. My friend is 19 and had help from his dad building it.

Fat Rat

Riding in Gus's Car

FlameFinks car

Nick

Nick32Vic

OlBuzzard

Nick32Vic

sorry everybody. I exceeded my banwith for this month.  :(  I didnt know that could happen.  :(

Nick

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Nick32vic"sorry everybody. I exceeded my banwith for this month.  :(  I didnt know that could happen.  :(

Nick

Because the pictures are about a 1/4 of a megabyte each and you have posted them here and the HAMB. You need to decrease the file sizes by compression. I am on dial up and can not get all the pictures to load before my connection times out.

flamefink

Hey Nick, have you ever thought of just uploading all of your photos into an online photo album and just linking to them when you want to post them? Thats what I do and it saves all of the time and aggrivation of uploading a picture everytime you want to post it. The best place I've found for linking to is www.photobucket.com. They keep all of the albums password protected so you dont have to worry about random people stealing your pics and they also provide the HTML code you use to post your pics.

Sorry Fat Cat for the shameless plug, just hoping it will help in cutting down the bandwidth.

Brett

ps great pics Nick
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "flamefink"Hey Nick, have you ever thought of just uploading all of your photos into an online photo album and just linking to them when you want to post them? Thats what I do and it saves all of the time and aggrivation of uploading a picture everytime you want to post it. The best place I've found for linking to is www.photobucket.com. They keep all of the albums password protected so you dont have to worry about random people stealing your pics and they also provide the HTML code you use to post your pics.

Sorry Fat Cat for the shameless plug, just hoping it will help in cutting down the bandwidth.

Brett

ps great pics Nick

Thats what ive been doing!  :D  lol. but i accidently used up my alloted bandwith for photobucket.com and they disabled my linking, but for some reason it works again! so the pics are vewiable right now. Thanks though. :)

Ive been wanting to ask you, what kind of grill insert do you have on your car? I didnt really pay attention and look up close.

Nick

nitrofc

Nick,Do you recall any of the details regarding the Black 40 Ford 3-Window that you photographed....it appears to have a 35/6 3-W roof grafted onto it and fitted with the 3-W doors as well?I love the look of that car and had actually tried to envision what such a car would look like a few years ago.I can't believe I missed that car....must be the only one there I didn't see :roll: You young guys with all that energy get to see all the cool stuff that us old buzzards miss do to our required nap time!It was nice meeting you and your Dad!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40"Nick,Do you recall any of the details regarding the Black 40 Ford 3-Window that you photographed....it appears to have a 35/6 3-W roof grafted onto it and fitted with the 3-W doors as well?I love the look of that car and had actually tried to envision what such a car would look like a few years ago.I can't believe I missed that car....must be the only one there I didn't see :roll: You young guys with all that energy get to see all the cool stuff that us old buzzards miss do to our required nap time!It was nice meeting you and your Dad!

I didnt look at it real good cus i was with some buddys walkin and had to catch up but i remember that in the trunk he had pictures of the build and im about 99% positive that its all steel. Thats really about all i can tell you. That and that i really love the look of it. It was great to meet you to!

Nick

choco

Had a ball and met some old mates......
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

enjenjo

So where do you have your other hand? Perv!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

choco

Quote from: "enjenjo"So where do you have your other hand? Perv!!!

Now, now, puff-pants, everyone will get a turn.
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

flamefink

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Ive been wanting to ask you, what kind of grill insert do you have on your car? I didnt really pay attention and look up close.

Nick

The insert in my car is actually a left over peice from a friends car we worked on. He said it was hideous and was gonna throw it away, replacing it with a repop stock insert. My dad took it and hung it on the wall about 10 or 15yrs ago and just last year I put it to some good use :wink: . The only thing I did to it was took the 4 horizontal bars he had on it off and left the center bar.

It's nothing but the stock stainless surround, it just doesn't have the grille bars and center braces in it. Instead, a piece of diamond holed aluminum (like you'd see used in step plates on semi trucks) was cut to fit. The center bar is a piece of trim off of who knows what. It's deffinately "original" :lol:  in design but it works. I have some decent close ups of it, I'll post them as soon as I find them.

The shell is almost the same story... I won't waste any space telling it here, I'll just leave it at it was retired from over 20yrs of garage duty to fall apart on my car (what do you expect for a $10 32 grille shell lol)

It's still more than savable. Anybody have a good lower end for a duece shell for sale?

Brett
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?