Wheel/tire options

Started by ragtag, January 29, 2012, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtag

Here is my roadster with the current Salt Flat wheels. I'm thinking of putting gennie wheels and maybe even some WWWs on it. I'll post pictures of all three so you cn tell me which one you like. Thanks.

ragtag

Red gennies with the existing tires.

ragtag

Rrumbler

Ask, and ye shall recieve - opinion, that is.

My personal thing would be:

Salt Flat with blackwalls
Gennies with whitewalls
Gennies with blackwalls

in that order.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

moose

I like both the Slat Flats and the red w/black.  Maybe buy new tires with the gennies and switch back and forth.....

GPster

It's amazing what you can do with a photo shop program. Personally I think your black car and the big black tires in the back kind of mutes any of the combinations. Try red rims and wide whites in narrower 16" or 17" wheels with narrower tires with the same height. The rim size and the wide white width is the same on your picture and the big tires and the black body kind of mute each other. A bigger diameter of red wheel and the bigger diameter of the wide white would give you a more visable look of a rubber "Rake" and maybe the back tread not being so wide it wouldn't look so much like extensions of the black body. On all of the pictures I like the outer diameter of the back tires mimicing the rear fender outline ridge on the body. I just think that the mounted diameter of the rear tires could be accomplished with more wheel and whitewall showing. GPster

ragtag

Thanks for the comments guys. I probably should have mentioned the tire size. They are 195/65X15 in front and 275/70X16 out back. If I go with blackwalls I'll use the existing tires but if I buy WWWs I would probably buy smaller sizes.

chimp koose

picture1 ,3,2 in order of preference

phat rat

The order in which you posted them. 1,2,3
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Mark me down for the same ......1...2...3... 8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

I really really hate to admit this, but I prefer Pic 3.

34ford

I agree with the 1 2 3 guys.

Beck

I am in the 1 3 2 camp.
Isn't it neet to know that everyone likes the car just the way it is now.
A 2nd set of wheels and tires is always an easy way to create a different look with your car when you get bored. Since you are wanting to change the look I think the whitewalls are the way to go with the steelies. That is the biggest change in appearance. Smaller rear tires in the wide whites will make that even more dramatic. I wouldn't keep swapping tires on the rims. Just buy a full 2nd set.

rumrumm

Ditto on the 1....2....3.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com