Mini alternator Denso

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 16, 2011, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems like we discussed mini alternators months ago.  My search  here found nuttin under denso  as a serach word.

One wire mini alt or regular 3  wire mini  alt?

I need a small alternator mitsubishi , denso size.  Need to mount low on right side of chevy small block.

I find 350 - 500 dollar complete kits. I need a mount and alternator , I have a  small diameter drive pulley for crank shaft
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Enjenjo used one off a Yanmar tractor on a 32 Ford with a blown small block. I do not have any more detail than that.

enjenjo

I mounted it low on the left side. Used two plates and a spacer on the front motor mount holes. Depending on the belt spacing, it will clear the fuel pump boss on the right side.  Like this one  http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-Yanmar-tractor-12188-ALTERNATOR-free-t-shirt-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item2eb78012dd&item=200647119581&vxp=mtr

It's a three wire, try to get the plug with it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

here is photo of what will not fit.  I want right side mount.

Fuel pump will be electrical to supply engine and power adder

I may find a good price on mini alternator... use the pictured bracket for template hole locations to fab a new bracket for right side.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Since the car is race only , a one wire may be easier to hook up and less weight , less wires to worry going bad or melting
Tony

348tripower

My last post must have gotten lost. I have a Mits 50A brand new with a 2 wire plug that I am not going to use. Make me an offer.
Don Colliau

32coupe

If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

GPster

How will these ideas work with the radiator hose from the radiator to the pump? Of course maybe a drag car would have an electric driven pump. GPster