Live from Kalamazoo

Started by 348tripower, September 17, 2011, 07:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Here we are. Saw Frank, The Junk brothers UglyOlds,Purple Pickup, Kenny, Moose, and I am probably for getting some.  Weather was very cool yesterday but nice. Lots of stuff in the swap. Lots of post 48 autos.
The new building is nice. The track are is not yet completed.
There ya have it,
Don
Don Colliau

58Apache

Hey Don,
             Lucky you! I am working on the "Honey-Do" list and getting everything ready for winter here. Too much work and not enough play for this boy. Retirement is looking better and better to me!

Post some pics if you can?

Steve

phat rat

Quote from: "58Apache"Hey Don,
             Retirement is looking better and better to me!
                                     Steve

Don't worry! You still won't have time  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Here's a few from Friday. We were setting up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I see purplepickuptruck guy George is upright and working.  Good that he is doing OK...
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's a few from Friday. We were setting up.

Is attendance down? That looks pretty sparse even for Friday.

phat rat

Actually he made a mistake. That's Thurs
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's a few from Friday. We were setting up.

Is attendance down? That looks pretty sparse even for Friday.

Yes, it's thursday. I believe the attendamce was actually up. The grounds were overflowing, and there were too many people at the awards for the room in the stands.

They have changed a lot there, new building, new paving, new water and electric hookups. The horse track is gone, and the infield is raised up the the same height as the stands.

With the new hall there was plenty of room for aisles, not all crowded in now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

I wish I could have made it. There were just too many things in the way this weekend.

Tom

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "39deluxe"I wish I could have made it. There were just too many things in the way this weekend.

Tom

We really had a good time. It was nice to see everyone again and to meet some new folks. The facility is really nice as well-and a great swapmeet. After 20 years on the road, I used the rod repair shop for the first time. Those guys really helped us out. We did better on the MPG coming home but still only had a best of 12.5 mpg. I look forward to coming back to KZOO. Sam

UGLY OLDS

Looks like Don got my "Best Side" ... :oops:

Thanks again to Frank & George & Kenny...THEY make this happen every year .... 8)  8)

If you missed out on this years chile .......
     TOO BAD     :!:  :!: ..... :lol:  :lol:

Bob ...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

As has already been said Kzoo was a great time. Most of the usual suspects were there. Got to meet the "Junk" Brothers. Kenney and Co. did their usual fabulous job keeping us fed.

Already looking forward to next year....

rumrumm

One of these first years I am going to make it up there. It always seems to come at a very busy time for me.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

TwoChops

Because of the years change that can show there I was able
to was the ISCA award for late models with my LATE MODEL
chopped 1949 Mercury
BILL

Looked like a good time was had by all! I was REALLY wanting to make it this year.....a buddy of mine is STILL looking for a car! My Mother-in-law died that Wednesday and we sold our house on Thursday......pi$$ poor timing! Maybe next year!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"