New (for me) factory hot rod

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, August 12, 2011, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

This may be a bit out of character for a long time GM guy like me and a little off-topic for the board but I picked up a 2008 Mustang Bullitt this past Monday. It's Highland Green, black leather, 315 hp,  4.6 w/5 speed trans. Bone stock with just under 9000 miles and still smells new.

This body style, has been seducing me since they came on the scene in '05. I've put about 350 very pleasant miles on it and have to say it does everything very well. Comfortable, very nimble, and quicker than I imagined. Ford did a good job.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

good for you.  Sounds like fun.

Out here we now see the new muscle cars regualrly in traffic.  Each car from the big 3 have certain areas of the body style on each car I like.

I like the Camaro front end, not the back side.  I like the back side of the Mustang, the front end is ok.

i like the Mopar hood and roof lines. The back end sheet metal  looks too tall.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

I'm a bit of a diehard Mopar Fan, but both the Challenger and Camaro look kinda chubby or fat to me. I think it's the chopped top look the designers went for.

I think the Mustang is the best looking and best value around in modern factory street performance car.

kb426

I think you did good. I believe it's supposed to shut off at 143. Tell us when you find out. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Uncle Bob

Good on you Charlie.  They are a nice ride indeed.

Your experience and mine are probably pretty similar.  When the prototype pictures came out I was interested.  Then at SEMA Ford had one on a rotating platform (in 2003 I think).  I stood there for a looonngg time admiring it............the hook was set.  I think they could have had just a bit more hood overhang to the front, but either production limitations or crash test outcomes probably dictated what we got.  Anyway, when they hit the market I was all in.  It was the first Mustang to stir my interest since 1970.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

slocrow

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I picked up a 2008 Mustang Bullitt this past Monday. Charlie
"Ford shares fall 4% in preopen trade (7:37 a.m. Aug. 8, 2011"
I wondered why...... :lol:
Congrats & good luck as it should be fun to drive and we all deserve a newer daily fun driver. Have you put a hitch on that new parts chaser yet? Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"I think you did good. I believe it's supposed to shut off at 143. Tell us when you find out. :lol:

From what I read a stock '08/09 Bullitt will run to 150+ with enough steam to pull it there in 5th. I read one report of 156 just todayby a member on one of the Mustang boards. Knowing it will is good enough for me. I'm not nearly as adventuresome as I once was.

Bounced the needle off of 140 in my 62 Vette back in the 60's when we were all invincible.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Great cars, I'd love to have a late model V8 Mustang of any description.

There's a Mustang Club of Central Iowa event 6 blocks away from my house this weekend, I got an eyeful of ponycars.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Sounds like a fun ride! Perhaps Jacks wife will let him borrow her Camaro for a little match race! It's amazing the HP of these new cars right out of the box.By the way........Had a great time visiting with you guys in Louiseville!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

You said it about the horsepower.  Seems like forever you really knew you had something if you had 1hp/cu in or 100hp/liter.  Now the factory is putting a 3.6L V6 with 365hp in pickups!  Not a "Syclone/Typhoon" style vehicle that you really can't use as a truck, either, but one that's rated for towing and hauling.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

mopar2dr

Since getting my Mustang GT, I hardly ever drive the street rod. Borgman Ford is hosting the West Michigan Mustang Club next Sat. for the 28th Street Cruise. I'll have a place to park and watch the parade go by. Have fun with the Mustang, that's what they're for.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "mopar2dr"Since getting my Mustang GT, I hardly ever drive the street rod. Borgman Ford is hosting the West Michigan Mustang Club next Sat. for the 28th Street Cruise. I'll have a place to park and watch the parade go by. Have fun with the Mustang, that's what they're for.

Is that for club members only or could I bring mine? Right now anyway, I have next Saturday free. I've never went to the cruise.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

mopar2dr

Sorry, this is the first time I've been back here in awhile. Yes, the show was open to all Ford powered vehicles and even three GM's(?) the lunch cookout was for members only, though. We set up our chairs and watched a great parade of cars go by. We were at the west end of 28th Street, the big glut of shows were at or near the old Rogers Plaza with all the lots full. We left and drove east to M37 about an 8 mile trip, took an hour. This is a free event and drew appox. 15,000 special interest vehicles. This seems to a trend, as the entry fee prices rise and the economy stays flat, it appears this type of event and the free cruise-in's are getting popular. The Wed. cruise-in at Gilmores Car Museum has drawn as many as 400 plus. The Sept. 14th cruise-in is hosting the Power Tour coming into the area for the Nats. North. I think I'll save my $40 and just go to this event.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Charlie Chops 1940

No problem - turned out I didn't have time anyway.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

ACEMAN419

Charlie hows the Volvo coming havnt seen any posts lately   al