Who is going to the salt?

Started by sirstude, August 03, 2004, 12:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Hi all,

I posted this once, but probably messed up as it did not show.  A couple of us are hoping (should know this weekend or so) to run down to the salt next Friday and back home Sunday evening.  I was wondering who is going and what cars we should be sniffing around.

Probably just stay in Salt Lake and drive over both days.

Hope to see some speed.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I'll be there with my 65 Buick wagon and the RRT trailer.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I'll be there in my purple truck.  It's pretty easy to spot on the salt.  I'll likely be anywhere but probably either at the very far end of the pits.....just over the rope on the spectator's side (4 mile marker on the long course) or helping out with WZJUNK & Hooley's pit, or eating some of Cword's brother's great cooking at the North of 49 pit. :D

SLC is quite a drive.  It seems like there should be a room available in Wendover.

See ya there
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "sirstude"Hi all,

I posted this once, but probably messed up as it did not show.

Doug

The answer as to why it did not show at first can be found here

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sirstude"

Hope to see some speed.

Doug

I'll be there.  With Hooley and John in the pits.  Here is a picture of his car with Hooley on the left and John on the right.

A picture after John painted it a couple weeks ago.

I'm with George, in that it is a lot of driving from SLC back and forth.  About 115 boring miles one way.  Bring a tent and sleep at the bend in the road and use someone's shower at night.  I've also had friends go, and even though the motels say they are full, they have found rooms at the last minute.

Well anyway it will be good to see you and everyone else on the salt in a week.

c ya, Sum

Cword

Yep! I'm looking forward to being there too,  and seeing the course at speed!

mike
--

Bob K

Me too, be there Friday.

Bob
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

30tudor

I'll be there also.  Will be enjoying the action Sunday through Wednesday.  Certainly looking forward to meeting you people as well as seeing the cars.  Kinda fun putting some faces on the names from this board.

Leon

We'll be there for the weekend.  Bringing a 8 x 12 sunshade and table to add to the group.  Does anybody know if the BBQ trailer is making the trip?  See you all soon.

GPster

I'll be there Thursday night and am staying to Monday. I'll be driving a Cavalieror what ever else the rental car agency has for me. Plan to help wherever. GPster

enjenjo

As of 10pm tonight, the grille on the RRT BBQ was fired up for the first time. Man does that sucker put out some heat. It looks like it's ready to go in the morning sometime.

I have spent the last 4 days thrashing on the car and the trailer. If anyone tells you an HEI drops right into a 300 ci. Buick, don't you believe it, it fits, but it doesn't "just drop in". I also added cruise, and a new sound system, along with a trailer hitch.

Fatcat came over today and we worked on the trailer, it isn't done, but it's servicable. There was more to do than I liked, but we managed to get it done.

Louisville here we come !!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Leon

DUH  - would help if I read the earlier posts in the thread!  
I'll bring a cooler with something to throw on the grill  so those that are flying in won't have to worry about starving.  I'm hitting Costco later this week so I'll get something in bulk.

OFOF

I'll be cruising out on Friday with Faat Rod and Pope Down Under.  Mickey Ellis will be coming along in his new '32 RED roadster pick-up.  I'll be in my black '34 three window coupe.  We'll be staying until Tuesday.  Everyone should bring some type of pyrotechnics for Saturday night at the bend in the road.
See ya there, Don.
Don Palfreyman

DRD57

Quote from: "OFOF"Mickey Ellis will be coming along in his new '32 RED roadster pick-up.

Would that be the one with F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FENDERS?!?!?!?!?! hahahahaha, I can hardly wait.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sirstude"

Doug

Doug I don't know if you have had any luck with rooms, but have you thought about Ely, NV.  About 60 miles from Wendover, so only about half the distance as Salt Lake City.

You might want to check ahead as the rooms there might also tend to fill on Fri/Sat nights.

c ya, Sum