Motel Rooms In Louisville

Started by 40, July 12, 2011, 08:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A couple of friends and I are kicking around the idea of attending the Nats. I haven't been for a couple of years and am no longer a member since they expanded the year of entry so I don't have access to the list of Hotels/Motels that is provided by the NSRA. I have stayed many years at the Holiday Inn near the airport....Bob K usually set me up with a room...  and also a few years at the motels right across from the fairgrounds which I understand have been torn down and rebuilt?We will most likely be driving my conversion van as my 37 will not be finished and my newly aquired 67 Caddy is still being brought back to life so it really doesn't matter if we are a few miles out. Sound off if you're going and where you'll be staying.....Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Charlie Chops 1940

Try the Best Western Greentree Inn in Clarksville, IN. They have a website. They're about 7 or 8 miles north of the fairgrounds right next to I-65. It's a real nice place, good continental breakfast, lots of restaurants nearby, Sam's Club, Outback. etc..

Been staying there off and on for 20+ years.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Thanks for the suggestion......looks like a good place to land. How far from the Fairgrounds and is there a "back way" to get there without fighting traffic?

papastoyss

We stay at a Super 8 on Preston Hwy. It's only 2 miles from the fairgrounds. We come in from the right as you are looking at the gate from the freeway off ramp. It's clean,decent & a lot less $ than other nearby motels. Breakfast bar is skimpy,though.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat rat

Quote from: "40"Thanks for the suggestion......looks like a good place to land. How far from the Fairgrounds and is there a "back way" to get there without fighting traffic?

Just come through town on 65 take the fairgrounds exit and go straight through the light into the grounds
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "40"Thanks for the suggestion......looks like a good place to land. How far from the Fairgrounds and is there a "back way" to get there without fighting traffic?

Try to keep up. Read my post again - miles. No "back way".

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

As I get older.....It gets tougher and tougher to keep up....especially with you young guys  :P Are you going to be there.......I'll buy you a beer for all that good advice!

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "40"As I get older.....It gets tougher and tougher to keep up....especially with you young guys  :P Are you going to be there.......I'll buy you a beer for all that good advice!

Yep - didja get a room?

Charlie

A Hooligan!

reborn55

We stayed at Fern Valley last year--out the back and to the right about 4 miles.  Very little traffic--lots of restaurants close also.

Charlie.....The bad thing about staying at a motel is you can't pick your neighbors.....so.....unfortunately,you're stuck with us for a few days  :lol: We should arrive late Thursday evening and be around the rest of the weekend. Also,anybody have an idea whether it's cheaper to register a car even though I don't think I'll have one there or just pay the entrance fee for a couple of days at the gate.....there will be 2,possibly 3 of us.

phat rat

Quote from: "40"Charlie.....The bad thing about staying at a motel is you can't pick your neighbors.....so.....unfortunately,you're stuck with us for a few days  :lol: We should arrive late Thursday evening and be around the rest of the weekend. Also,anybody have an idea whether it's cheaper to register a car even though I don't think I'll have one there or just pay the entrance fee for a couple of days at the gate.....there will be 2,possibly 3 of us.

I'm getting to the Green Tree on Tues, does that mean I should request that our room is far from yours? :lol:

They've probably dealt with hooligans like us from Nebraska before......if you are in the same city,you are probably not far enough away  :P

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "40"They've probably dealt with hooligans like us from Nebraska before......if you are in the same city,you are probably not far enough away  :P

We can handle hooligan youngsters like you with no problems whatsoever...

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Carps

Glad I'm staying ina more civilised neighbourhood than with you old guys.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

Quote from: "Carps"Glad I'm staying ina more civilised neighbourhood than with you old guys.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Who you calling old?  :shock: