Hooley

Started by enjenjo, May 28, 2011, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I just got off the phone with John, he said Hooley just set a new record on the Texas mile at 202.6 Congratulations Hooley!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Congrats Hooley  :D  8)
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Good On Hooley   :!:  :!:   Congrats    );b(       Thanks showin' 'em how    :b-d:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Congrats Hooley. That's honking. How was the pavement - stickier?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

unklian

parklane

Congrats Hooley. Looks good on you.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Crosley.In.AZ

seems like the studie likes solid ground.  congrats
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"I just got off the phone with John, he said Hooley just set a new record on the Texas mile at 202.6 Congratulations Hooley!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don Colliau

moose

Great Job Gotta be PROUD!!!

sirstude

Great job,  Does that mean you get another "Red Hat", or do they have a version of that?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

wayne petty

all i can say is this...

congrats...

Hooley

Thanks for all the kudo's guys .Just got home.   We did have some fun down in Texas beside setting a record. The whole community was behind their effort to have a land speed race . We were treated very good every where we went. If any one is wanting to try it get regestered for the Oct. meet.

The track was mostley smooth there was a slight missalingment in the shut down area that will be fixed before Oct.
 Dusty, Bart, Floyd, and Mark put the 974 through on the track for two passes Fri. and 2 passes Sat.      Fri was just to go down the track to make sure we had what it took to stop before the end of the track.  The first pass was around 176.2 , used both chutes.  Stopped in plenty of time .

Second pass Fri. gave a 186.3, and only used 1 chute[the new one I got from Charlie] Stopped real good.

I might add the mile goes fast, by the time I shifted in to 4th  and looked up I was looking at the finish line.

Sat. morning we were ready for a flat out pass . Nothing held back and no missed shifts.  WOW it was 199.9 not what I was looking , only  close to what I was looking for. BAck in the pits I rasied the boost with the next size pully.  With out Sum there the electronics were almost useless for me.

Old school tunning. read plugs and go run.    That pass gave us a 202.7 a goal was reached but not with out a price.  I hit that little missalingment I talked about .  It tore the air dam in two section and shreeded the other half.  There is minor damage to the inner pannels and we flatned a rear tire  The headers took a hard hit and will need fixed.  

All 3 days had a head wind of 20 to 30 MPH. It could have been 4 or 5 MPH faster with the wind less.

We would not have had time to fix the damage and ran any today so we came home.  
         Thanks for going in spirit with me,
                       Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

jaybee

Wow, NICE WORK!  Congratulations and thanks for sharing your stories.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)