Question For Frank

Started by 40, April 22, 2011, 08:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Or anyone else who has installed NuRelics Power Windows. The directions seem very vague but as I understand them....I am to install the glass in the unit...BEFORE....I install the unit in the door??? This seems backasswords to me! I also purchased the window crank switches....I was told everything was direct bolt in without any cutting or modifications to the door yet the first thing it says is to cut a 3"X3" hole in the door for the switches???Look forward to the replys.......I tried to call them back this afternoon but perhaps they left early for the Good Friday Holiday.Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

To be honest, I seldom look at the directions with NuRelics, because they always installed just like the stockers. On some cars you have to put it all together outside the door and install it as an assembly, on others you put it together inside the door.

Depending on which switch setup you are using, and where it's mounted, sometimes you have to cut a hole for switch clearance. I sometimes mount the switches in the armrest, or even in the center console. If you are using the switch that looks like the stock window crank, you will need to cut a hole for clearance. The ones I have done, when a hole was needed, there was a template for the hole included with the kit.

Call them again monday, they have always been very helpful to me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Thanks for the reply.......The installation of the regulators is pretty straight forward but the part about installing the glass first threw me.There is a drawing to cut the hole for the crank/switch with dimensions from the center of the stock hole......I really don't care for the location of the stock window crank so I'll probably just create a new mounting point if I can find an area that doesn't interfere with the window operation.I may give her a call on Monday if I don't get them installed this weekend.......The gal answering the phone seemed very polite and helpful and they look like a real quality product.

57larry

my 40 ford sedan was used for a tech article on installing their kit. It was in Street Scene about 2003. I was and still am happy with their kit

Okiedokie

I am ready to install my glass in my 40 and am also confused regarding the proceedure. I used their vent window elimination stuff, but am truly confused by the rollers and window track. It does look like the glass will have to be attached to the rollers before the motor can be finally installed. I received no instructions as to the long track that comes with this kit. How did you end up doing yours 40?

57larry

I kept my vent windows. I installed the glass into the winder and installed it as 1 piece. it was truly a bolt in.

Okiedokie

Certainly would be easier to accomplish with an original size door glass. I would have thought that one could install seperatly as you would an original regulator. I will call them tomorrow and see what they suggest. Right now I am leaning toward cutting two openings for the roller to slide into. The rollers only operate in one half of the track, so it appears that it is possible.

Okiedokie

Well. I called Nu-Relics this morning. Once he told me to look for the 4 screws hold the window "drive on" channel to the roller channel, the light bulb went off. There was nothing about this in my instructions, although he indicated there was. I couldn't see it. Anyway, since I can be dumber than a fence post sometimes [ok, often] I did not even notice the two being screwed together. Problem solved.

I have not installed mine yet though I did "test" fit one side.I mounted the glass in the channel,slid it into position about 2/3rds down and then attached the motor assembly to the roller stud......I did not finish the installation as it had to go back to the paint shop but it appeared that all that was left to do was install the 6 screws in the stock openings.I did not have to deal with the vent window situation. I think it will be a fairly easy install when the time comes.It looks to be a great product but the directions could be better written and more thorough.....hopefully,on the next project I'll still maintain a little "memory recall"  :P

57larry

I can look for a copy of the tech article used on 40 if you want