AD truck pictures

Started by enjenjo, March 27, 2011, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Some pictures I took today of the truck I am working on.

I got the tailgate all installed after 3 hours work moving stuff so it fit like it did when I took it apart :?  I made the latch release mechanism from scratch, using a couple mini bear claw latches. The tailgate supports are from MarKay, modified to work with this tailgate.

The gas filler door, latch, and hinge were also made by me, starting with a Chevy truck door hinge, and a piece I cut out of the fender with a hole saw.

The 55 Chevy dash extension is welded to the garnish molding so the dash continues onto the door.

the rear running board brackets had to be modified to fit with the 76 Chevy truck spring hangers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Very nice. :D  I used the MarK tailgate supports on the COE. Nice product. Never thought of a inside center handle. I had the chance. :shock:
Don Colliau

Boyd Who

WZ JUNK

Neat stuff Frank.  Looks great.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Jokester

I love the dashboard.  Well done!

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Ohio Blue Tip

Looks nice, hey I got one of them trucks!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

kb426

I like it Frank. Specially the dash part.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Nice work Frank, as usual. Some creative stuff going on there!

Digger

Nice work Frank 8)  very nice. I have never done a louvered gate, always seemed that they would get a lot of dust and moisture in between the panels. Is their any drains?
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Charlie Chops 1940

Good on ya Frank. Everything looks real nice. I expect no less.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Digger"Nice work Frank 8)  very nice. I have never done a louvered gate, always seemed that they would get a lot of dust and moisture in between the panels. Is their any drains?

there are two 1/2" drains, one on each ehd.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Digger,

I've done a bunch of louvered tailgate panels. Let me know if I can help you with one.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Digger

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Digger,

I've done a bunch of louvered tailgate panels. Let me know if I can help you with one.

Charlie

Really don't have any desire to do one Charlie, just being inquisitive. I've done a few hoods and hood sides but those are all single panel and actually serve a function. Thanks for the offer anyway :)
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

ACEMAN419

i like the pop out gas cap door i got to see how you did it , the finished product looks great.

chimp koose

That dash is very nice!