Radiator Follow-Up

Started by 40, March 01, 2011, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just thought I'd report back on my experience......I opted for an aluminum rad and ordered one from Superior as it was a 4 week wait from PRC. Well....I ordered it on the 11th and he promised I'd have it in 7 or 8 days and it's still not here.After a couple of calls,was told it shipped on the 21st.Began calling again last week when it still hadn't arrived.....got his machine stating he was at the Autorama....left several messages.Called again yesterday,same message.Finally got him on the phone this morning....said he'd check and call me back in 10 minutes.After calling HIM back an hour later,was told it was returned by UPS and was damaged.Said he'd build another and have it to me by Friday. As soon as I hung up the phone,I called Speedway and ordered one that will be here tomorrow.....I've already held the guys up several days at the paint shop.My first thought was to tell Charlie to cancel my order and refund my money......Instead,I decided to just let him send it and I'll stick it in the corner for the next project.....At least I won't be waiting for it!! I'm REALLY CURIOUS as to when it will really arrive.....I guess I could have ordered a PRC and had it by this weekend!I have had many,many items damaged by UPS over the years and not once had something returned to the shipper......I've received things totally destroyed with huge gaping holes in the box and they still delivered it.Anyone ever heard of UPS returning something to the shipper withhout first delivering it to the customer? Sounds strange to me??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Quote.Anyone ever heard of UPS returning something to the shipper withhout first delivering it to the customer?

No, but it sounds like a great way to buy some time. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Ya, I gotta call BS on this one.   :roll:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

48ford

Boy, Sorry That I gave them a thumbs up.
I got one for the 46 and he was quick and it fit.
It sure makes them look bad.
I seem that they were at Autorama,but the guys in the shop should have taken care of business.
I hope every thing works out for you.
Later Russ

kb426

The stories never end. I'm sorry for your grief. I hope the PRC is right and good.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Heh, heh, back when you first posted about looking to get an aluminum radiator, I decided I needed one to replace the leaking lousy repaired job in my 61 Chrysler. I looked around on the web and found that Summit Racing had an aluminum cross flow radiator listed to fit my Mopars. So, just after getting my Hail Damage Insurance money I ordered one.

Seems like the next day I got the radiator by UPS.

Looks great, eyeballing it, it seems to look like it will fit, one of these days I'm gonna get around to installing it in my Chrysler.

phat46

Yea, that definately sounds like getting the run around from them. It's too bad too, they build a nice product. I dropped off a core support to them and told them where to put the inlet/outlet and had the rad in a few days. Makes me wonder what's going on with them.

Received the Radiator From Speedway in less than 24 hours after ordering it......guess that's why they call him "Speedy Bill"!! Now we'll see if Superior comes thru tomorrow as promised!

river1

Quote from: "40"Received the Radiator From Speedway in less than 24 hours after ordering it......guess that's why they call him "Speedy Bill"!! Now we'll see if Superior comes thru tomorrow as promised!

wow quick service!!

i'm just curious tho, is it marked with a country of origin?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

I'm only about 3 hours North of Lincoln so I get everything next day from Speedway. It is stamped "Proudly tig welded by craftsmen in the USA" so I'm going to assume it's made here.....though,with the way some companies choose the words to compose their advertising,you never know.It looks good,fits good but not what I'd call "Show Quality" welds.I'm using a Don's Hotrod Grill with the tank cover so the only thing seen is the filler neck.....I'll polish that up a bit.

river1

Quote from: "40"I'm only about 3 hours North of Lincoln so I get everything next day from Speedway. It is stamped "Proudly tig welded by craftsmen in the USA" so I'm going to assume it's made here.....though,with the way some companies choose the words to compose their advertising,you never know.It looks good,fits good but not what I'd call "Show Quality" welds.I'm using a Don's Hotrod Grill with the tank cover so the only thing seen is the filler neck.....I'll polish that up a bit.

COOL very glad to hear it );b(  );b(

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Well......I FINALLY got the radiator from Superior this morning after being PROMISED it would be here last Friday....AFTER I was promised it nearly 2 weeks prior to that! Good thing I ordered another from Speedway! I am very disappointed with the rad,It was supposed to mimic a stock 37 rad with the large top tank etc. Instead it is a simple rectangular generic looking unit.It was also supposed to have key slots in the side to bolt on mounting brackets and the welds look like I made them.All in all,I'm very disappointed overall but the service was especially poor and I certainly won't be ordering another.I will set it in the corner of the shop but not sure I'll even use it on the next project.

phat46

Quote from: "40"Well......I FINALLY got the radiator from Superior this morning after being PROMISED it would be here last Friday....AFTER I was promised it nearly 2 weeks prior to that! Good thing I ordered another from Speedway! I am very disappointed with the rad,It was supposed to mimic a stock 37 rad with the large top tank etc. Instead it is a simple rectangular generic looking unit.It was also supposed to have key slots in the side to bolt on mounting brackets and the welds look like I made them.All in all,I'm very disappointed overall but the service was especially poor and I certainly won't be ordering another.I will set it in the corner of the shop but not sure I'll even use it on the next project.

That's a shame that their quality has gotten so bad. They were THE place to go for a custom rad. I wonder what happened?

348tripower

Why don't you call them a voice your displeasure. Ask them to take it back and refund the purchase price. If they won't cooperate I hope you put it on a credit card so you can stop payment. Then, maybe, someone else won't have the same experience. Manufacturing in the states is getting bad and this is just another example. :shock:  
Don
Don Colliau

Rochie

Daryle, I'm sorry you had this trouble with Superior.  Like I said, the three I bought form them were prompt, not flawless, but at the price I couldn't complain and delivery date was met.

phat46
"They were THE place to go for a custom rad. I wonder what happened? "
Yea me too!!!