shipping to oz

Started by tomslik, February 07, 2011, 05:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

hey, need to send something to Brootal but ups wants over 400 bucks to ship a 10# box thats 40"X12X10. :shock:

what are some other options?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

USPS  ...  I just shipped a flat rate box of USPS  supplied  to Western Australia.  Cost 45 dollars

The size of box makes a difference for sure
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

near as i can figure, usps doesn't make a flatrate box thats even close to that size...

enjenjo

By USPS measurement, that box measures 84". the only way to ship at that size is global express at $322.  If you can reduce the size to 79", length plus circumference, it will ship for $122
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

I had to get a walker radiator sent to a shipping agent in longbeach.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"near as i can figure, usps doesn't make a flatrate box thats even close to that size...

have you asked for a quote from USPS ?

A quoate from Fed-Ex ?  

Can not imagine much difference from UPS to Fed - Ex.
Tony

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "tomslik"hey, need to send something to Brootal but ups wants over 400 bucks to ship a 10# box thats 40"X12X10. :shock:

I don't know if what you are shipping will fit, but a 3-sided box (triangular cross-section) may reduce the "circumference" of the box.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

phat rat

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "tomslik"hey, need to send something to Brootal but ups wants over 400 bucks to ship a 10# box thats 40"X12X10. :shock:

I don't know if what you are shipping will fit, but a 3-sided box (triangular cross-section) may reduce the "circumference" of the box.

The problem with that idea is because it's not 4 sided it would incur special handling charges
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"near as i can figure, usps doesn't make a flatrate box thats even close to that size...

A quoate from Fed-Ex ?

fedex don't go to oz,so they tell me

i've got a pair of lincoln bumpers on ebay with people asking about shipping, about 50 bucks higher with ups...

what REALLY sucks is that the box weighs more than the defroster duct that's in it

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"

A quoate from Fed-Ex ?

fedex don't go to oz,so they tell me

i've got a pair of lincoln bumpers on ebay with people asking about shipping, about 50 bucks higher with ups...

what REALLY sucks is that the box weighs more than the defroster duct that's in it

I do not ship via UPS since we booted them from our shop.  Since we now use Fed-ex , I use Fed - ex

:wink:
Tony

enjenjo

Quotefedex don't go to oz,so they tell me

That sounds strange, because USPS airmail goes to Oz on FedEx planes. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quotefedex don't go to oz,so they tell me

That sounds strange, because USPS airmail goes to Oz on FedEx planes. :shock:

yep, that's what i thought,too.
i used to ship DHL but we no got no mo'...:(

Charlie Chops 1940

Is this duct made of sheet metal? If so, put an index mark on it, cut it in half and have the guys in OZ weld it back together.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tomslik

bucketmouth

I've used USPS to have stuff delvered to W.Australia as they seem to workout cheaper and it could also arrive via Fedex.
Those flat rate boxes are good value but nothing I've ever bought will fit in one.
Freight has just got so expensive now. I ordered a 1/2 rack from Unisteer for $385 and they wanted $350 to ship it. I had it shipped to a friend in California who is posting it to me via USPS for a lot less. I haven't received it yet to know what the final cost is.
Let us know what you do, curious to find out.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.