Local gasoline prices

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 05, 2011, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

In my wanders today, I saw it from $3.70 to $3.90 around the northern Las Vegas Valley.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

local to me Costco...  price dropped a nickle a gallon last week.  I;ve not been back there since, possibly today.  I imagine the price is back up and higher
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

I tanked up the truck today for $2.999 - if I had not had that $.60 off for buying my groceries at Smith's (Kroger), it would have been $3.60 per.  That is still lower than it was when I was out and about the other day.  We are going to SoCal for few days tomorrow, and I can't wait to find out what it is down there.   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Carps

I paid Au$5.86 (US$6.30) per gallon yesterday for 98 octane.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rrumbler

Back from SoCal; $4.26 in Costa Mesa Tuesday afternoon.

phat rat

A station about 20 mi from me was $3.53 yesterday afternoon and $3.95 today
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"A station about 20 mi from me was $3.53 yesterday afternoon and $3.95 today

They jumped it on this side of the state yesterday too. We went to see our daughter play in her double brass quintet a couple towns away , when we left at 5 gas was $3.73, when we got back around 9 it was $3.95.

chimp koose

tom36

$ 3.51 this afternoon in southern New Hampshire.  Tom...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"local to me Costco...  price dropped a nickle a gallon last week.  I;ve not been back there since, possibly today.  I imagine the price is back up and higher

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Went back up: 3.40 a gallon for regular
Tony

Carps

Just reviewing the price of rental cars in the US, they've increased rates by around 25% since January.   :shock:

Wonder if I get an electric one if the hotels/motels will bill me for the electrickery to charge it?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

river1

Quote from: "Carps"Just reviewing the price of rental cars in the US, they've increased rates by around 25% since January.   :shock:

Wonder if I get an electric one if the hotels/motels will bill me for the electrickery to charge it?

One trick to lessen rental car cost is rent AWAY from the airport. Some city/states put higher taxes on cars rented at the airport to hit the traveler while not hitting the local resident for political reasons. So a quick taxi/bus ride might save you some bucks.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Carps"Just reviewing the price of rental cars in the US, they've increased rates by around 25% since January.   :shock:

One trick to lessen rental car cost is rent AWAY from the airport. Some city/states put higher taxes on cars rented at the airport to hit the traveler while not hitting the local resident for political reasons. So a quick taxi/bus ride might save you some bucks.

later jim

yuuup, what jimmy suggests is true here in AZ.  Sometimes it is by county.  I can rent vehicle lower price outside maricopa county.  True, it is a PITA in some locations to do this.

Last vehicle I rented from a local car dealer.  Fees were reduced slightly.....  only slightly.  Upgrade to full size Chevy Tahoe cost me nothing too.  That vehicle may have been on the salt flats at Bonneville....  I forget.

:lol:  :lol:
Tony

Digger

Gas here is $3.69. I drove across the river to Iowa this morning and it was $3.39
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

river1

WHOA that came out big

map of tax rates in each state, combined fed,state and local

generally higher in the north where snow causes more road damage than the south

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.