Centerline Wheel info needed.

Started by kb426, February 05, 2011, 08:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Does anybody know the history of the mug that I've attached a pic of? I know the history of Cragar lugnut mugs but this came out of nowhere.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

i dunno 'bout the history but i want one....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Promotional piece.

Drinking mugs in shape of lug nutz ,  I believe Cragar logo on  similar  too

They pop up on ebay
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

The Cragars are from the 60's. Buy 4 ss's and get a mug. The shape of the centerline resembles a convopro wheel so that dates it to the 80's. Most of us old guys have been gearheads forever and we watch what's going on closely. 3 weeks ago 2 of these showed up on ebay. I told my wife that they would bring $100. She knew what I said. :lol:  I went to sleep and missed the end of the auction. They brought $87. I started looking everyday and there weren't anymore. Just lots of cragar's, some of which where new in a box! A week ago I googled centerline mug and found a link to an ebay auction. Bingo. The guy that bought 2 wanted to sell one. He also stated that he had never seen these before he bought them. I know that I paid too much because I'm the only one that bid on it. :lol:  I paid $30 plus $11 shipping. The pictures made it look dark and corroded. It's better in person but not perfect. That's all I know at this point. My 2 cragars are keeping it company on the shelf.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I have ebay search  setup to watch for various items. I am not a buyer on most items, I just like to window shop to see this old stuff.

A few years back there were several of the mugs on ebay.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Uncle Bob

That is a pretty neat piece.  There's probably at least one out there somewhere, hidden at the back of a cluttered workbench, stuffed full of push rods, or maybe a couple inches of old transmission fluid, and the guy doesn't even remember he has it. :)

Have you tried contacting Centerline to see if any old hand there remembers these and the story behind them?
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

kb426

Centerline sold the wheel business several years ago. I haven't tried contacting the original owner yet.
TEAM SMART