build day 12-28

Started by moose, December 29, 2010, 08:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

We started to mock up the frame today. Frank and I measured the rear axle housing to determine the frame rail spacing. When Tom arrived we started to cut and fit up the rear kick and four bar mounts. With Georges assistance we set up the spacing on the rails and have them tacked into the start of a frame. We got a good bit done but have much to do yet.

With the body mostly reassembled and the beginnings of a frame We can start to get a better picture of the end result.

Here are a few pictures Tom snaped for us......

moose

more pictures

We mocked up the rails switched side for side. This allowed us to set the taper in the rails to the correct angle with out needing to set them at teh actual width. it worked out very well. the frame is 33 inches at the rear and 22 inches at the front axle area........

This is where we left off today. The plan is to continue tomorrow 12-29 if anyone can make it.....

It  was good seeing George. To answer questions he is still having eye trouble making it hard to see a computer screen to read it but can ge taround okay. He says Hi all......

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for the post....  the chev AD truck in the back ground of some photos adds that 'neat' vintage touch to the pics.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

32coupe

That's starting to take shape now.

Frank must have had a clean up, you couldn't see the floor when I was there last year  :D  :D  :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

We made a lot of progress today, the frame is well on it's way. Moose and I spent a couple hours figuring out the frame shape this morning, we figured out the frame had to be 22" wide at the front wheels to allow the wheels  to turn enough. The front axle is only 34" king pin to king pin. Once that was figured out, and we came up with a way to jig it, it was just a matter of welding it up.

I am canceling tomorrow's build day, dec 30th. I fell on the ice tonight, and bruised up my whole left side. Nothing broken, I'll be fine in a few days, but I am not up to a build day tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

Shoot. Feel better Frank. We ran all over yesterday. Out to Norwalk and then back. Blissfield and back. Hudson and back. All for kids and dogs!! I was hoping to head out today if the DirecTV people ever get here. "8-12" is their range...yeah. Whatever. I'll believe it when they show. I even went out and salted the driveway after I fell on my * going out the door at 7:45am!

Guess I'll go back to weaving.

Thanks for the updates guys and Happy New Year!

moose

Quote from: "enjenjo".

I am canceling tomorrow's build day, dec 30th. I fell on the ice tonight, and bruised up my whole left side. Nothing broken, I'll be fine in a few days, but I am not up to a build day tomorrow.

Hope it does not get worse over night.  :shock: Take good care.

I know where there is some ice you can lay on  :twisted: :wink:

Tim

enjenjo

QuoteHope it does not get worse over night.

It did. :cry:  I'll live.

39deluxe

When you pointed out that crushed down spout I didn't realize that you fell there last night. I would probably still be lying there. I took a hard fall at a customer about 6 or 7 years ago and my shoulder is still messed up.

Hope you get over it soon. We don't bounce back from falls as easy as we used to.

Tom

unklian

Interesting ideas on the chassis.

Thanks for posting.

rooster

Looks like you guys are moving along well. Work it out Enjenjo. There's nothing fun about sore!

Mikej

I missed out on grinding the weld? Thanks for posting the progress. Frank take it easy for a couple days. If our weather reaches you tomorrow your ice will be gone. Got up this morning and it had warmed up to 45 over night. Of coarse new Ice and snow are on for tonight and tomorrow.

Crosley.In.AZ

Are those 4 link brackets the ones designed by fatcat and water jet cut?

Is that George using the tape measure device?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Are those 4 link brackets the ones designed by fatcat and water jet cut?

Is that George using the tape measure device?

:shock:

Yes, and yes.

moose

Any improvement Frank???