I lost a good friend today

Started by mrloboy, December 18, 2010, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrloboy

Tom Milne of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada lost his battle with cancer today. Tom was one of the best friends I ever made in the car world. In the early '70's. when I was young I went to a small "rod run" in our area with a few street rod vehicle present. One was a '37 GMC pickup owned by Tom. I had met him on previous occasions with mutual friends but didn't know him well. I was still a teenager at the time with no knowledge of hot rods. I told him that I loved his truck and that I had never ridden in a hotrod before. His response was to throw the keys to me and told me to drive it like I owned it. After that we became good friends and for years travelled to Rod Runs and National events throughout North America. My family and his became one. I am proud to call Tom a friend. The Rodders of Winnipeg, Manitoba and surrounding districts will miss this great guy. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Tom's great wife Kathy and their children Tyler and Dana and their families. God bless this family. Rick

TJ's Dad

Always sad to hear of the passing of a fellow Rodder, condolences to all ...  remember the good times Rick.

RIP Tom Milne.
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

phat46

Always a tough deal to lose a real friend, being this time of the year certainly doesn't make it any eaisier. My condolences.

Boyd Who

My condolences, Rick. I didn't know Tom very well, but I do know that he had a huge influence on the Manitoba rodding scene. He'll be missed.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Very sorry to hear this Rick.....I had met Tom on a few occasions at The 50's and Kathy,along with the other Gals,has stayed with us a few times on their Lipstick Runs.I didn't know him well but it only took a second to tell he was a real hotrodder at heart.Please pass our condolences along to the family.....perhaps I'll dig up Kathy's email and drop her a note.....RIP Tom.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

mrloboy

Quote from: "40"Very sorry to hear this Rick.....I had met Tom on a few occasions at The 50's and Kathy,along with the other Gals,has stayed with us a few times on their Lipstick Runs.I didn't know him well but it only took a second to tell he was a real hotrodder at heart.Please pass our condolences along to the family.....perhaps I'll dig up Kathy's email and drop her a note.....RIP Tom.
I will do that Darrell. Take care my friend. Rick

chimp koose

sorry for your loss. Think of the good times,they are the rewards of a good friendship when that friend has passed on.

348tripower

Don Colliau

34ford

Sorry for the loss of a dear friend. Our prayers are with you and the family.

bc

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to read this.  Cancer is a tough bugger.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

UGLY OLDS

Sorry for your loss....  Our thoughts & prayers are with you & his family ......

Bob........ :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Most of us are going through this quite often. Sorry for your loss.
TEAM SMART

Okiedokie

When we lose good friends it leaves a big hole in our lives. Sorry you have lost one of yours. Time will turn grief into great memories. When I was young and taking pictures at rod runs and such my wife would say "someday you will regret it if you don't take more of the people". She was correct, I wish I had more of the two friends I recently lost, but I have some great memories.