New COE pictures

Started by 348tripower, December 18, 2010, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Don Colliau

phat46

Very nice, looks like you're almost there!

Charlie Chops 1940

That's looking better all the time. Very nice job.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

moose

Looking Good. Are the holes in the area below the door /fender for trim or steps? With all tha troom in the bed you can leave the teardrop home.

Tim

UGLY OLDS

Looking GREAT  );b(      That bed is really LONG.. :shock:   I really like what you have done with the front end ... 8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks good.

Kinda neat the way you covered the ground with some type of white stuff to set off the look of the truck like that.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

The only trouble with that white stuff is you need to keep the air on the cool side to keep it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Great job! That is a nice truck.The 2 tone paint really does something for the proportions of the cab.

2rods

348tripower

Tim,
 The holes are for the steps and there was some rubber mounted to the upper holes. I am going to put rubber back on but I should have welded those shut. The two tone paint came to me just like the design. Out of the blue. The white stuff will be hard to haul about May.
Don Colliau

kb426

I like everything but the white stuff on the ground. You're making good progress.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I am thinking an argent silver on the stacks would perhaps be less of a stand out for them?

Perhaps some LED side marker lights in the holes under the door?  

Make up some trim to bolt on from solid brass for under the dooors and on fender .... have that chromed or polished?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

I only see one problem, Don. It's not sitting in my driveway! lol! Great work.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

GPster

Are the exhaust stacks mounted solidly to the back of the cab? I'm sure there is a simple explanation and something I am missing but I'm wondering about the vibration and heat rubbing the paint off of the body. A work truck can look nice but a nice truck doesn't have to look like it works. GPster

348tripower

I thought about silver for the bumpers and the pipes, but, black won the coin toss. Primarily because the running boards will be black. The pipes are mounted in rubber to the back of the cab.  We will see about the vibration. They do have stainless flex between the stacks and the exhaust tubing.
Don Colliau