Feast your eyes on the latest pictures.

Started by 348tripower, November 28, 2010, 03:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

Pretty cool Don. Nice job, very well proportioned.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

SaWeet!  That's really coming together, can't wait to see what's next.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

rumrumm

That would look great in my driveway. Nice work, Don!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

348tripower

Thanks gang.  :D  I am working on the box sides now. Being almost 12 feet long ther is a lot of real estate to sand. Hope to have the box on in two weeks.
Don
Don Colliau

Carnut

Yep, just got to agree with the Way Cool and very well proportioned as well as appropriate stance. Awesome work designing and putting it all together as it is.

wayne petty

i was just enjoying the pics...  was thinking about the LONG box...

had a slightly different idea...  but the box is done...

think of a butcher block flat bed...

with the top flat... but the bottom structurally shaped so it would take some serious band saw or table saw time...    everything bolted together.. and carefully plugged to make it invisible...

probably be easier to dovetail in the cross pattern blocks...

just a thought....   anybody want some drawings.. just PM me.. remind me of the butcher block flat bed..

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

348tripower

Quote from: "wayne petty"i was just enjoying the pics...  was thinking about the LONG box...

with the top flat... but the bottom structurally shaped so it would take some serious band saw or table saw time...    everything bolted together.. and carefully plugged to make it invisible...

just a thought....   anybody want some drawings.. just PM me.. remind me of the butcher block flat bed..

Wayne,
I wonder what it would weigh? :D  If you haven't seen the previous pictures of the build, I have a rolled pan made for the box with 65 Ford custom taillights frenched in.  Lenses from Enjenjo.  This whole build has been spontaneous. No plan here I just let the parts fall together.  :shock:  I like your idea and I would like to see someone do it.  I stayed away from the car hauler and flatbed and this is what I ended up with.
Don
Don Colliau

GPster

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "wayne petty"i was just enjoying the pics...  was thinking about the LONG box...

Wayne,
I wonder what it would weigh? :D  If you haven't seen the previous pictures of the build, I have a rolled pan made for the box with 65 Ford custom taillights frenched in.  Lenses from Enjenjo.  This whole build has been spontaneous. No plan here I just let the parts fall together.  :shock:  I like your idea and I would like to see someone do it.  I stayed away from the car hauler and flatbed and this is what I ended up with.
Don
Or find some place that is tearing down a bowling alley and get a length of the lane. GPster

wayne petty

just a quick drawing ... the angles are wrong.. but dovetailing in the dark sections allows one to use reduced dark material...

this would probably be really expensive and heavy the way i drew it...

but .. its just a thought... and reductions in mass are possible.

the straight bottom sections are few...   the extended bottoms support the weight against the frame..

for some strange reason.. the dovetails came out different sizes..   the angles are wrong. this is a rough idea...

the holes are for long bolts that pass through the bed... open at the front for tension adjustments..    carefully plugged at the rear to match the grain.

figuring the exact amount of offset allows all the planks to be lined up side by side offsetting every other one for cutting them perfectly..  probably using a circle saw guide rail...    or a big router....