Odd valve stems

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, October 22, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I've got a couple of early 50's Mopar 15x5-1/2" steel wheels, welded construction with safety beads. I assume they can be used tubeless but the valve stem hole is oblong - 5/8" x 3/4". There is evidence on the inside of a rectangular shaped rubber seal surface having been part of a stem device.

Anyone ever see one and/or know if such an item is out there still?

Thanks,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

look at this DILL catalog page...

third image down on the left side..

http://www.dillaircontrols.com/files/Clamp-In%20Valves.pdf

VS-902VL - 0.625X0.875"Valve Hole

i have a store here in los angeles that has them in stock.. if that will work... they cost me about 3 bucks each... and they sell them individually..

Charlie Chops 1940

Wayne,

Thanks for the offer and the site for Dill. I missed your time frame. I'll see if I can find them here by p/n.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

kb426

I know that I have seen those as a kid. What a memory refresher!
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Wayne,

Thanks for the offer and the site for Dill. I missed your time frame. I'll see if I can find them here by p/n.

Charlie

If you can't find them up there, Miller Tire deals in antique stuff, and Shrader Tire has everything. Both are 15 miles or so away.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

One of the tire shops I use for dismounts and balancing is a big time truck tire service store...I'll drop by there first.

Thanks Wayne and Frank both. I guess I lead a sheltered life and never saw those before.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

VS902VL Oval Base Clamp-in    TR brand   416VL

Metal Clamp-In Valve
For Oval Valve Hole
730-005-02 VS902VLB
Has a special 5/8" x 7/8" oval grommet to fit 16 x 6 KS and 16
x 6 1/2" LS Rims used extensively on dual wheel applications.
Equipped with 100 HA Hi-temp core and 655 metal valve cap.
10 caps per package.
730-020-09 416-2
Replacement grommet for 902VL.

you probably have it covered.. i just ran across this extra info...

Charlie Chops 1940

I bought some at the local tire store this morning. They had them as a Volvo truck part. Guess they will be "numbers matching" for my Volvo car.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

post some pictures....   when you go to install them...

i love to see a square peg in a oval hole...