Racer build day

Started by enjenjo, October 10, 2010, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Since we were a bit short handed today, we just worked on the body this time. Those here were Joe(Gpster), Tom(39 Deluxe), Tim(Moose), Frank(Fatcat), and me.

Joe got here friday evening, so yesterday we cleaned the BBQ trailer, and set things up for today. We got an early start, Tim worked on reshaping the new cowl panels so they fit properly, while Joe was forming new roof edges, and firewall flanges. Fatcat made a hammer form for the rear side window top edge, and formednew panels for that. I reworked the left door frame again :shock:  to make it fit better. Then Tim moved to welding the new top edge on the rear side window frames, with help from Joe, Fatcat formed a flange for the firewall, and I formed new roof edges with the material Joe made in the morning. Tom had arrived, and he worked at cleaning up the welds on the door frames. We broke for lunch, spaghetti made with home made sauce Joe brought from home.

Tim had to leave, some lame excuse about an anniversary or something  :roll:, Frank had to leave his back gave out, So we concentrated on the cowl and firewall flange. We got the firewall flange welded into place, and the front half of the roof welded in place on both sides.

Not as much as we would have liked, but progress just the same. Next build day will be the first or second sunday in November. Tim took pictures, so hopefully he will post them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

moose

As Frank said  There were fewer of us than usual so we all attacked a different area. Work progressed steady and we all kept busy. I had to leave earlier that usual to take the Wife out for our Anniversary. At least she let me play for a little while!

I did not get as many pictures as usual. In no particulaar order for your viewing pleasure

Build day 10-10-10

parklane

Quote from: "moose"At least she let me play for a little while!

Is this before or after you got home??  :oops:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

unklian

Quote from: "moose"At least she let me play for a little while!

Gotta pay if you want to play.   :D