Nu-Relics Power Windows

Started by enjenjo, September 27, 2010, 07:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I mentioned in another thread I was having trouble with the installation of Nu-Relics windows on the 47 Chevy truck I am working on right now. The problem is, they won't go all the way down.  After some measuring, and scaling off the picture on their web site, I determined that the relay link was the wrong length.

I called them this morning, and told them the problem, and what I thought it was. He measured a regulator they had there, and decided I was correct. So he offered to ship me another pair of regulators, at no cost, and a return slip for the other pair. This was after I informed him that I made the purchase several years ago, and was just now installing them. I thought this was a stand up thing to do. I will use them again in the future.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

wayne petty

would this help with your conversion...

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"would this help with your conversion...

How long does the battery last?

chimp koose

Wayne that is the slickest power window setup I have seen yet! Beats the stuffing out of my low tech vice grip .

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Wayne that is the slickest power window setup I have seen yet! Beats the stuffing out of my low tech vice grip .

your vise grips are more green and friendly to the environment.  

The drill has a battery , plastic parts, wires... all that icky stuff.

have you hugged a tree today?     :lol:

An in vehicle charger for the battery would keep it topped off and the drill provides variable speeds on the winder too

:!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tom36

57larry

my sedan was the tech article on how to install one. it was in streetscene

enjenjo

I got the new regulators today, no charge. Took them out of the box, and they are right this time.

WZ JUNK

I have been following this thread to see what the outcome would be.  I want to use the Nu Relics on the 54 Chevy and I have always heard good comments on their product but I never had feedback on their customer service.  This is good to know.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

57larry

a true bolt in for me. very nice setup

58Apache

Quote from: "57larry"a true bolt in for me. very nice setup

Yep, my 69 Chevelle is a ONE YEAR ONLY design! Yet they not only made a kit for my car, it fit perfectly and went in easily!

Not cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for ....most of the time.

Steve

HOTROD47

I put them in my 47 Ford as well, they fir perfect! I went to the one piece glass and eliminated the vent window. Very nice people with a quality product.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom