The ONLY car legal to drive on Mississippi roads

Started by alchevy, September 04, 2010, 01:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Yes, the state law still says that you must get out of your vehicle on the passenger side instead of the driver's side. Soooooo this is the only car that is legal to drive on the road. It's because back in the day all of the parking on city streets was parallel and it was unlawful to get out of your car on the driver's side into open traffic.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Boyd Who

Interesting that the law is still on the books.
Canadian made open Model T's had an opening drivers door. Makes them really easy to spot.

river1

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Interesting that the law is still on the books.

lots of laws are still on the books that shouldn't be

http://www.dumblaws.com/

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

if you look at various old cars , you often will see a key lock only on the passenger side door  for that reason when the laws were like that,

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Inprimer

Quote from: "Crosley"if you look at various old cars , you often will see a key lock only on the passenger side door  for that reason when the laws were like that,

8)
My 51 F1 pickup is that way..

Rrumbler

:D

Quotelots of laws are still on the books that shouldn't be

Did you ever hear of any legislature repealing a law, or any legislator introducing a measure to do so?  I know it has been done, but in my opinion of them, doing so would be going against their purpose in life: to make laws, not get rid of them.  Keeping something like this on the books is like keeping an old Ford wrench in your tool box: not much good for anything, anymore, but if you need something to whack somebody with, it's quite handy.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.