40 Ford pickup front fenders

Started by Topsterguy, August 20, 2010, 02:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

On my 40 pickup the bottom corner of the front fenders, ahead of the running boards, is a diferent measurement from the frame on each side, as in one fender corner sticks out more than the other. I don't have the stock braces in cuz I can't see exactly how they go in there. Anyone have a pic of how they go or have a measurement from the inside of the rolled edge on the fender to the frame? I don't need to use the stock brace panels, but I need the right measurement so they're both the same, and right!  Thanks!  Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

I don't have the measurement, or any way to get it, but if you set the fender where it looks right, and make the brace to fit, no one will be the wiser. And many time it will be different from side to side.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Well, I don't have truck handy, but I just went and measured my 40 Ford Standard Tudor Sedan and it measures 16.5" from frame to inside edge of fender bead in wheelwell on both sides.

Heh, heh, I was surprised they were so close on both sides.

I would think that would be close to a pickup even though I know a pickup is a bit different.

Topsterguy

Thanks guys!  Just got back from the show in Pleasanton - good one!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

bucketmouth

I went to Pleasanton last year do you have any photos.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.