The State of Georgia raises fee for Hobby Antique Tags $35

Started by Learpilot, August 11, 2010, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

The state of Georgia as of May 26, 2010 have raised the fee on all special tags $35.00. I have three Antique tags these are not shown because I have the year tag. I have a 1936 Georgia tag on my '36 and a '65 and '68. The solution is to turn in the antique tags and just get regular tags.
I have seen a lot of Blue lights specials around town. They are trying to get extra money any they can. Remember that in November, VOTE !

Rick

Crosley.In.AZ

Here in Arizona the local DMV offices are closing the smaller locations. And   they close and extra day once a month now.

My brother is /  was working in the MVD.  He was notified his dept has been re-assigned under a new dept and director.  If AZ is broke how did they create a new dept and hire new director and staff??

All of my utility bills have taxes increased on them this year.  Cell phone bill taxes went up.. which is wacky.  One AZ tax on the cell phone was removed but 2 others increased to where the total is higher.  How did that happen?  LOL

If any of you folks heard the Photo Cameras on the highways are gone here in AZ....  WHAT you do not hear is the AZ Hiway patrol is trying to take over the photo radar system under their control.  There is a legal problem where the Hiway Patrol can not legally enter into a contract with Redflex on the photo cameras.

I believe the photo radar revenue generating cameras will return in AZ
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

zzford

I guess increased government fees are the wave of the future. As tax revenues have dropped, the government has resorted to other means to raise funding. We might as well get used to it. The sad part is,you know * well that when the property tax base recovers, all these fees will remain as they are now. Nobody loves money more than politicians.

slocrow

Quote from: "zzford"when the property tax base recovers,
You mean if........Too much inventory and way too few qualified buyers.  :cry:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...